+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fergie injured again

Fergie injured again

is this a surprise really?

Brought a new meaning to Fergie time!

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    In the first half he was squeezing his groin

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    The question is who is even reasonably fit?

My marks re fitness out of 10 judged on what i see on the pitch.

Viktor, Had one or 2 bumps on the pitch lately. 8
    Humphries Just back from serious injury 6
    Morrison. Never fully fit nor will be now 4
    Odoffin 8
    Fergie 2
    Kioso 7. Looked knacked v piggys
    Ollie 6.allus looks knacked lately
    Lyndsay. Another one trying to get up to speed after along inmjury 7
    Tiehi 8
    Hugill 7 not partiularly injured just not that fit
    Eaves ditto
    Clucas 6
    Revan prob about 7 atm
    Rinonhota. Looked knacked to me atm 6
    Peltier 3

The problem is when half the team is knacked there is more pressure on the fitter players to cover so they get more knacked.

I am pushed to think back ro the last season where we had such an unfit team.

The other issue about injuries is that because there is no choice in selection hardly, players know they will get a game no matter how crap they are.

Moulds need to be broken next season. Dunt matter if the players are not championhip standard. Go for decent DIv 1 standard players with a bit of pace, fitness and strength to them.

Get rid end of season.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The question is who is even reasonably fit?

My marks re fitness out of 10 judged on what i see on the pitch.

Viktor, Had one or 2 bumps on the pitch lately. 8
    Humphries Just back from serious injury 6
    Morrison. Never fully fit nor will be now 4
    Odoffin 8
    Fergie 2
    Kioso 7. Looked knacked v piggys
    Ollie 6.allus looks knacked lately
    Lyndsay. Another one trying to get up to speed after along inmjury 7
    Tiehi 8
    Hugill 7 not partiularly injured just not that fit
    Eaves ditto
    Clucas 6
    Revan prob about 7 atm
    Rinonhota. Looked knacked to me atm 6
    Peltier 3

The problem is when half the team is knacked there is more pressure on the fitter players to cover so they get more knacked.

I am pushed to think back ro the last season where we had such an unfit team.

The other issue about injuries is that because there is no choice in selection hardly, players know they will get a game no matter how crap they are.

Moulds need to be broken next season. Dunt matter if the players are not championhip standard. Go for decent DIv 1 standard players with a bit of pace, fitness and strength to them.

Good summary

the idea that the fitness issues are just bad luck doesn't stack up either, there are a combination of factors at play and because there is so much we don't know a lot of our comments will always be speculation. My gut instinct tells me the whole training facilities issues are one of those factors, there could be other things that the staff have asked for in terms of medical or fitness equipment that also might be missing. Recruiting older players some with a recent set of injury issues is another factor as could be the fitness training and levels expected by MT compared to PW in the past. Style of football would be another, all these things and probably some others combine to create a perfect storm of injuries, hopefull the phrase "we have learnt our lessons" is actually true on this subject otherwise expect a repeat next season.

Nah. They're just a load of old fogeys who dodged the knackers yard thanks to our stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Nah. They're just a load of old fogeys who dodged the knackers yard thanks to our stupidity
    It's finally shown as that. Initially on paper the signings looked so promising but Taylor gambled and it bit him and us in the arse big style.

As for Fergie, it was a gamble but the man has to surely look at his fitness towards future life not just football and look to look after himself.
    Game over for him.
    Last edited by Brin; 08-03-2024 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It's finally shown as that. Initially on paper the signings looked so promising but Taylor gambled and it bit him and us in the arse big style.

As for Fergie, it was a gamble but the man has to surely look at his fitness towards future life not just football and look to look after himself.
    Game over for him.
    I could not agree more. Fergie fairly fit under warne was an asset to how the whole of the left side worked. Like a few others in the squad, it must be time to retire.

Yet another reference to how Taylor gambled massively with a collective bunch of players past their time. Lets not forget it was started in part by warne. But I am sure some were meant to only be here a year. He quickly found out and left, as even in early days injuries loomed.

What Taylor did was inexcusable. Took the ball and ran away with it.

Many discussions on this forum are now a lamentable inquest. It was obvious last summer what was going to happen. But, there was no intervention by the rudderless board, recruitment. A sure sign that someone who could talk the talk (a load of crap actually if you listened to Taylor properly from the moment he got here) will just do what he wants and be believed by those apparently here who know no better.

And herein lies the true problem which now is laid bare at RUFC…….

If we do not have a manager and coaching staff who knows the right player structure, ages, training method, fitness regime, medical staff (all of which slowly disappeared with and after warne) then we are in for disaster, which is precisely what happened.

Wait a moment though, that is not all. Currently, to muddy the waters we have a situation where the powers that be have now reacted to the above and decided to shuffle the pack. Power sharing. A manager is now a head coach. We have a DOF.
    So, the higher echelons, who unwisely didn’t back warne with enough money, let him slip away, oversaw the the dismantling of a system that worked (on a shoestring budget).
    The same are now ‘learning’ from the past by being presumably more involved. In what ways? We don’t really know. But, if the same lack of football acumen spreads into more of the playing side, we are in a precarious position.

Because, if people do know what they are doing, why did they select Taylor in the first place? And secondly, to use the Chairman's own very words….. give Matt a free hand.

Those free hands are being withdawn. The question is, to what extent? And replaced with what?

And for all of that, how many of us believe that the changes are merely PR and superficial?, and really that not a lot has changed….because all that really has happened, well, isn’t much.

We have installed a manager, lets not try to tart it up with jargon. Who had some limited success with a club who spent a lot of money.
    He now has to do the same with less dosh, from scratch, and wants 3/4 transfer windows to be judged on. He has never really worked like that. So a few windows is realistic, perhaps. Maybe the intent shows the nature of the problem.

Does the rest of the club understand it? Indeed, does the fans? We had it good before and didn’t realise it.
    Last edited by Millmoordays; 09-03-2024 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Typos…and a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    I could not agree more. Fergie fairly fit under warne was an asset to how the whole of the left side worked. Like a few others in the squad, it must be time to retire.

Yet another reference to how Taylor gambled massively with a collective bunch of players past their time. Lets not forget it was started in part by warne. But I am sure some were meant to only be here a year. He quickly found out and left, as even in early days injuries loomed.

What Taylor did was inexcusable. Took the ball and ran away with it.

Many discussions on this forum are now a lamentable inquest. It was obvious last summer what was going to happen. But, there was no intervention by the rudderless board, recruitment. A sure sign that someone who could talk the talk (a load of crap actually if you listened to Taylor properly from the moment he got here) will just do what he wants and be believed by those apparently here who know no better.

And herein lies the true problem which now is laid bare at RUFC…….

If we do not have a manager and coaching staff who knows the right player structure, ages, training method, fitness regime, medical staff (all of which slowly disappeared with and after warne) then we are in for disaster, which is precisely what happened.

Wait a moment though, that is not all. Currently, to muddy the waters we have a situation where the powers that be have now reacted to the above and decided to shuffle the pack. Power sharing. A manager is now a head coach. We have a DOF.
    So, the higher echelons, who unwisely didn’t back warne with enough money, let him slip away, oversaw the the dismantling of a system that worked (on a shoestring budget).
    The same are now ‘learning’ from the past by being presumably more involved. In what ways? We don’t really know. But, if the same lack of football acumen spreads into more of the playing side, we are in a precarious position.

Because, if people do know what they are doing, why did they select Taylor in the first place? And secondly, to use the Chairman's own very words….. give Matt a free hand.

Those free hands are being withdawn. The question is, to what extent? And replaced with what?

And for all of that, how many of us believe that the changes are merely PR and superficial?, and really that not a lot has changed….because all that really has happened, well, isn’t much.

We have installed a manager, lets not try to tart it up with jargon. Who had some limited success with a club who spent a lot of money.
    He now has to do the same with less dosh, from scratch, and wants 3/4 transfer windows to be judged on. He has never really worked like that. So a few windows is realistic, perhaps. Maybe the intent shows the nature of the problem.

Does the rest of the club understand it? Indeed, does the fans? We had it good before and didn’t realise it.
    True

I wonder if we can tempt Steve Evans to come back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast