+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cheaterfield ! Lest we not forget our old friends still down in the bargain basments

Cheaterfield ! Lest we not forget our old friends still down in the bargain basments

Promotion to EFL for Chesterfield will be 'game-changer' after making 'significant loss'
    Chesterfield’s latest accounts show they made a loss of £2.1m.
    The financial statements for the year ending June 30, 2023, have been published ahead of next Wednesday’s AGM.
    The numbers show that the Spireites made a loss of £2,146,218. The previous year they made a loss of £2,370,671.

It seems their Quest for promotion is costing them a fair few sheckles, lets hope they do NOT implode and their recent poor form doesn't continue for the rest of the season !
    Last edited by SwalePie; 09-03-2024 at 08:09 PM.

Possible but very unlikely seeing as they are 17 points ahead of 2nd with a game in hand, and the 2nd team currently Barnet have only 9 games left meaning they can only get a maximum of 27 points
    Their recent poor form is because no body is pushing them, its a one horse race that was practically over about a month ago
    Still on the bright side we will play Chesterfield again next season

I thought they were fan owned nowadays who is fronting that loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Possible but very unlikely seeing as they are 17 points ahead of 2nd with a game in hand, and the 2nd team currently Barnet have only 9 games left meaning they can only get a maximum of 27 points
    Their recent poor form is because no body is pushing them, its a one horse race that was practically over about a month ago
    Still on the bright side we will play Chesterfield again next season
    It was pretty much over before a ball was kicked as they have no competition with the players they bought in.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    They are and who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by op67 View Post
    it was pretty much over before a ball was kicked as they have no competition with the players they bought in.

They are and who knows?
    big loss

Rivalry aside, fair play to them.

It's a big loss of £, but as long as they have a plan to cover it then it's worked. Looking forward to resuming our rivalry with them in L2 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I believe they have 2 local businesses men funding the ride.Possibly for shares.?