+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. AFC Wimbledon 09.03.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    It's not the first time that has happned either!! Oppostion managers know it's a massive weak spot and have exploited it. Why hasn't SM noticed this? Nemane would be better of on the half way line pulling 2 of their defenders (maybe theone that scored) out of the penalty area. It's utter madness that we continue doing this! It was noted that we had very little height in the team without Didzy and Bostock as well.
    Exactly, it’s total madness.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    https://x.com/thischarmingdon/status...740371836?s=46

This is a horror show, can anyone explain why Nemane is marking their centre back? And then Slocombes looking the other way? I just don’t get why as something as basic as putting someone actually not small on their centre back is allowed to happen????
    Williams did the same as well, and we still havent learnt...

We needed a Pep or a Klopp, we ended up with Plop

Brilliant Kevin 😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    We need to get rid of Montague, Maynard and half this team. Huge, huge rebuild needed this close season
    Very much agree but in reverse order and perhaps not all at the same time.

The defending positions at set pieces is unbelievable these days and not just at Notts.
    As several have pointed out its absolutely ridiculous to expect Nemane to compete for headers with taller opponents or for that matter be a physically effective blocker .
    I think the old style man for man marking was more effective with CF's traditionally marking opposing CH's. It's OK showing players diagrams when making substitutions but is any prior planning reinforced before kick off ?
    I'm also of the opinion that having the GK and all ten outfield players to defend corners and free kicks is also a disadvantage.
    Put three players up on thr half way line and the opposition have to bring 4 back to mark them. This in turn gives your GK more space to claim any cross into the box and an opportunity for a quick break ?

At start of season I would've accepted 15th in table but just been such an anti climax given the start. I’m not losing hope though, should've buried Wimbledon before 80 mins
    Last edited by SwalePie; 12-03-2024 at 11:32 AM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617