+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Just get LR gone

He honks

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Your repetitiveness is gru-like.
    Are you actually the same person?
    You wanted Warne gone, got your wish and everything's been rosy since....oh
    Just saying it as it is.

Warne walked, wasn’t sacked and he left us high and dry. Something we haven’t yet recovered from.

I didn’t want Warne gone, he was a good fit for the club, cheap and cheerful but in the end hypocritical

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Believe me gru, you are babbling.

Taylor made the loan move of Hall permanent despite his injury problems. Taylor extended the contract of Peltier despite his age. Taylor signed Morrison and Blackett, then despite them both having injury problems he offered them new deals. Yet you blame Warne and Wood for our problems at centre half this season? To come to that conclusion you have to have a bitter personal vendetta or be thick as sh*t. Which one are you?

But you've proven my initial point that the only reason you don't want to see Wood near our coaching staff is nothing to do with his potential abilities as a coach. You just don't like him because Paul Warne did. It's literally that petty.

Warne brought Peltier Hall to the club started the ball rolling you can't dispute that. Wood what coaching qualifications has he got? You not suggesting he starts with us situation we're in?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Warne brought Peltier Hall to the club started the ball rolling you can't dispute that. Wood what coaching qualifications has he got? You not suggesting he starts with us situation we're in?
    Yes Warne brought them in and they both played well at the start of the season while he was still here, He didn't make Taylor keep them, Taylor could've got rid, and he had every opportunity to. As soon as Taylor gave them new contracts, it becomes his fault. In fairness to Peltier he did actually appear in the most of the games last season and was rarely injured.

I'm not suggesting Wood becomes a coach with us, at no point have I said that. I've no idea on what qualifications he has or if he's any good, and more importantly, neither do you. All I'm saying is, if he was brought onto the staff in some capacity in the future, I, like most Rotherham fans who aren't a mental case, would hope he succeeds. Whereas you would hope he failed, so could say you always knew he was rubbish, because that's the kind of person you are.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Just get LR gone

He honks
    I've come to the stunning conclusion that for once I actually agree with you. At this point his record is identical to Alan Stubbs'. P14 W1 D3 L10 and although I haven't checked I'm sure the GD is far worse.

Here in the US it is typical in most new jobs to be on 3 months 'probation' where an employer gets to evaluate a new employee's performance and make a 'go/no go decision'. Tomorrow is 3 months to the day from when LR was appointed. I hope TS is at his desk early on a Monday morning and ready to make the call.

Folks say what is the point of getting rid now? It clears the decks for a fresh start in May and allows preparations to start to take place. Put one of the senior pro's in a caretaker role until then. If we get 0 points over the last 9 games it's no less than we look like getting at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Brin already has.
    Thanks pocket, yes seen brin’s comment on the other thread. Had a look and can’t see it mentioned anywhere about their interest in Rotherham but I’m assuming you know someone on the inside who has confirmed this. Interested how much the interest was, was it an enquiry? Or an actual offer? Can’t imagine if they were serious that they would have picked us over huddlesfiled given their recent history, but who knows, Bournemouth have a Russian billionaire owner which I wouldn’t have thought possible a few years ago. I don’t post on here that often, but read what’s posted frequently and you have always come across as one of the more sensible posters so I’ve no reason to doubt you.

I will watch huddlesfield progress with interest to see how much they are invested in.

FWIW, I’m no happy clapper and I’m no gambler, change always worries me. I worried where we would be when we lost warne and sadly my worries have come to pass. Warne for all his faults managed to get a team that was more than the sum of its parts. Since he left, no one has come close to get a team that’s as good as it should be, never mind more.

I worry that if Tony does sell up, we end up risking everything and fail. Where will that leave us? I would rather have a club to support than none at all. Admittedly, Tony doesn’t help himself, with talks of premier league etc buy he’s kept us solvent and we have had some of the best times in my 48 years supporting the millers. Personally I wish he would say we are going to invest in youth and build a youth team and infrastructure,that can support the main team, yes that will take time, but at least we would see a plan, and most importantly, stick with it. Sadly that probably doesn’t sell tickets and it’s a delicate balance between ticket sales and sticking with a plan even when it’s going wrong.

Which ever way it goes I will continue to support the team, even if at times all feels lost and if he does sell up and it all goes wrong, I certainly wont be one to say I told you so.

Anyway just my musing on the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Just saying it as it is.

Warne walked, wasn’t sacked and he left us high and dry. Something we haven’t yet recovered from.

I didn’t want Warne gone, he was a good fit for the club, cheap and cheerful but in the end hypocritical
    You did want Warne gone.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    ...Put one of the senior pro's in a caretaker role until then. If we get 0 points over the last 9 games it's no less than we look like getting at the moment.
    Exactamundo. Nowt to lose, and a possible 2 year grace period to get the ducks in a row.

We need Doris to give the players stronger tea, & a bo**ocking at half time.

The sycophants seem to dominate this site. Anybody who still thinks this chairman is putting personal money into this club is absolutely deluded. Give him his due he's still a smart businessman. It's us supporters who continue to be gullible.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast