+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

I get the idea that we have to take the rough with the smooth as a football fan. Unless you are one of the elite clubs in the world, then you expect more than your
    fare share of hardship.

This though is something different. We are going backwards because we are being mismanaged from the top. We haven't always been mismanaged but for the last 18 months we have been. I have my own theories as to why this and there are rumours leaking from the club that support this.

Why as fans do we have to put with this? Because the owner has done something good for the fans in the past, how long do we remain grateful? Do we remain grateful while the owner undoes all the good work and the club starts to go backwards?

Why should we not say anything? I like many others have given thousands to this club over the years. We want answers.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Since we moved in to the NYS the club has stagnated.We were fortunate to have Warney, who miraculously managed a set of players ,to give us two promotions, on a very thin shoestring budget.He realised that the club showed no ambition to support him at championship level and left to go to a club that would support him.This club is completely clueless and there has been no plan in place ever since we moved in to the NYS.As I've said before just sacking the manager will make no difference at all.
    Absolutely unbelievable statement !

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I get the idea that we have to take the rough with the smooth as a football fan. Unless you are one of the elite clubs in the world, then you expect more than your
    fare share of hardship.

This though is something different. We are going backwards because we are being mismanaged from the top. We haven't always been mismanaged but for the last 18 months we have been. I have my own theories as to why this and there are rumours leaking from the club that support this.

Why as fans do we have to put with this? Because the owner has done something good for the fans in the past, how long do we remain grateful? Do we remain grateful while the owner undoes all the good work and the club starts to go backwards?

Why should we not say anything? I like many others have given thousands to this club over the years. We want answers.
    On the flip to that then, how many clubs of our stature are in this league or the league above?

The answer to me is two above and two at our level.

There are dozens and dozens below us.

Warne left. He took everything that he had built with him. He left because he was burnt out and nothing left he could do because short of billionaires investment we won't wedge ourselves in this league. That's the difference between Brentford, Bournemouth and us.

Stewart sets his budget. It's more than the club can afford on its own. That's a fact, not arguable.

Some managers have got more from the players that our budget gets than others. Taylor didn't. Between him and the approach those in charge took it went wrong. Worse than a " try hard" approach he had openly criticised when he arrived.

LR has come into a mess he cannot solve. There's not the resources there and we did not improve in January because it would have been stupid to do so.

Moral has sunk since.

If we "want better" how is this possible? Because there's only one other local business man interested who's worth more than Tony and he won't be buying the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    The discussion around sacking MT was a mistake is not because MT was doing an amazing job but because it’s been proven at this point to have generally taken us backwards. You can say the sacking was wrong without claiming MT was a genius.
    The club is in a total mess and today was the last away game for me until the club starts to show some respect to the supporters.
    I agree.......I was always and have always remained uncomfortable about the sacking of MT because I do think in League 1 we would have been better equipped with him rather than LR. In fact Swiss Tony alluded to this without knowing it himself in the ''bay window,Rhododendron clad'' background of his recent 45 minute borefest interview where he said that MT would be the next Alex Ferguson but he couldn't wait for the time for him so become so.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    On the flip to that then, how many clubs of our stature are in this league or the league above?

Warne left. He took everything that he had built with him. He left because he was burnt out and nothing left he could do because short of billionaires investment we won't wedge ourselves in this league. That's the difference between Brentford, Bournemouth and us.

Stewart sets his budget. It's more than the club can afford on its own. That's a fact, not arguable.

Some managers have got more from the players that our budget gets than others. Taylor didn't. Between him and the approach those in charge took it went wrong. Worse than a " try hard" approach he had openly criticised when he arrived.

LR has come into a mess he cannot solve. There's not the resources there and we did not improve in January because it would have been stupid to do so.

Moral has sunk since.

If we "want better" how is this possible? Because there's only one other local business man interested who's worth more than Tony and he won't be buying the club.
    Why do we have to have a local businessman?

There have been people interested in buying and don't let anyone tell you different.

Americans is all I am saying.

Not exactly pulling up trees at Brizzle is he. MT will sink into L2. Worst thing he did was leave Exeter who have ploughed a lot of transfer earned (yes Rob Scott) into the infrastructure of the club to up its profile. The ground and training ground are looking fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post

Moral has sunk since.

Whilst I agree that PW created a culture different than what we’re seeing now please don’t make out he was a high achiever with no bad stats.
    3 relegations at this level.
    1 lucky promotion that we didn’t deserve.
    It’s true that the culture now is horrendous but results under Warne we failed every time.
    Before I’m accused of having a dig I’m quoting facts.
    I will admit though that the players did play for him and that’s not the case clearly now.
    Yes culturally wise he created something far better than now and I don’t think he got enough credit for that.
    As far LR has come into a mess he can’t solve maybe not but it’s got worse again that’s a fact.

There have been people interested in buying and don't let anyone tell you different.

It doesn't have to be local at all. Are the Man City owners local?

You have proof of this? Sorry but I struggle to believe this is true?

I think Michael Duff would be a good fit with Woody also having a coaching job. Go on Tony, do it

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast