+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Season

This clown in charge will get us relegated again as come the end of the season, Langstaff, Jones etc won't need an excuse to leave

I predicted 6th IIRC. Obviously I am not happy with our present form or position on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Imagine if this clown is still in charge at the start of next season and some how keeps his job till September/October time.
    We’ll be going down and possibly struggle to recover from a poor start with his inept tactical and man management skills that’s what worries me
    If the current run of form, or not much better, goes on for another month or so, then I'm pretty sure Stuart Maynard will not be in charge next season and may not even make it to the end of this season. The owners aren't the types to make a decision just yet, but I think eleven more games without significant improvement WOULD constitute a big enough sample size for the brothers to conclude that this appointment simply hasn't worked. For now though, I'm pretty sure they'll bide their time and give him every possible chance to demonstrate whether he can overcome this adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    This clown in charge will get us relegated again as come the end of the season, Langstaff, Jones etc won't need an excuse to leave
    I'd imagine Langstaffs value is taking a bit of hit now he's struggling to score as well. Now joint top on 23 with a group of players a goal or two behind. I can't see Maynard being sacked before the end of the season but he has to massively turn it around in the last 11 games to keep his job. I really can't see it myself but fingers crossed the last game of the season at FGR isn't a 6 pointers!!

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I can't see Maynard being sacked before the end of the season but he has to massively turn it around in the last 11 games to keep his job. I really can't see it myself but fingers crossed the last game of the season at FGR isn't a 6 pointers!!
    Whatever Maynard's faults may be, it's being acknowledged by most that he's inherited a defence not properly equipped for this league, and he's right that this has been evident all season. So far, his tweaks to address that haven't stopped us conceding goals, and our attacking play has suffered through a general loss of team confidence and/or maybe a by-product of seeking to plug some of those defensive gaps.

Overall, it doesn't look very promising for him, but his best bet is to treat the situation as an opportunity. If he can somehow find a way of stopping the stream of goals against, working with the current personnel, and restore a bit of our goalscoring confidence as well, helping us to win some games, then he'll actually have shown some managerial ability and he'll deserve some credit.

I'm finding some of the attacks on him a bit distasteful, because he comes over to me as a decent guy and most of what he's said post-match has seemed pretty honest and accurate. Results will determine his fate, as they do for all managers, but I don't see anything to be gained from piling in on him like a pack of baying hounds (and that's saying something coming from a Jackal!).

It's in our interests and his interests that we somehow turn a corner, and I wish him well for as long as he's in position trying to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Whatever Maynard's faults may be, it's being acknowledged by most that he's inherited a defence not properly equipped for this league, and he's right that this has been evident all season. So far, his tweaks to address that haven't stopped us conceding goals, and our attacking play has suffered through a general loss of team confidence and/or maybe a by-product of seeking to plug some of those defensive gaps.

Overall, it doesn't look very promising for him, but his best bet is to treat the situation as an opportunity. If he can somehow find a way of stopping the stream of goals against, working with the current personnel, and restore a bit of our goalscoring confidence as well, helping us to win some games, then he'll actually have shown some managerial ability and he'll deserve some credit.

I'm finding some of the attacks on him a bit distasteful, because he comes over to me as a decent guy and most of what he's said post-match has seemed pretty honest and accurate. Results will determine his fate, as they do for all managers, but I don't see anything to be gained from piling in on him like a pack of baying hounds (and that's saying something coming from a Jackal!).

It's in our interests and his interests that we somehow turn a corner, and I wish him well for as long as he's in position trying to do that.
    I'm afraid most of the blame lies at the feet of the recruitment team.. We could have Klopp managing this team, and the results would still be the same.. Apart from 2 or 3 players the rest are just not good enough for this level of football..

You can't blame the manager (entirely) for the sheer incompetence of, supposedly, professional footballers who are NL league standard at best. What we are seeing is the end product of concentration on attacking play at the expense of defensive play. The pretty football was, pretty, against 3/4 of the NL teams 'cos we out-gunned them but it was a travesty that a combination of manager/CEO/owners thought we could get away with it in L2.

Goals against per game was 1.81 on the day LW left (19th worst in the division), it's now at 1.94 (24th)

Goals for was at 2.12 when LW left, it's now at 1.97.

Maynard has made us worse at both ends of the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Goals against per game was 1.81 on the day LW left (19th worst in the division), it's now at 1.94 (24th)

Goals for was at 2.12 when LW left, it's now at 1.97.

Maynard has made us worse at both ends of the pitch.
    That because he is not as good as LW lol
    Maynard has no experience coaching at L2 level or above - so obviously to start with he is going to be poor. Also other posters have pointed out that he is likeable guy that shows understanding and wanting to learn - of course all qualities usually of somebody with lomited experience. Only experienced managers or Coaches can have an aggressive attitude and get away with it - because they deliver results and ultimately that is what it is all about in football or anything in life really
    That being said when a person in this casw is learning or operating at a higher level and starts poorly as expected - there must be a rough amount of time limit - before they start getting the skills that will make them competent
    This is the big question that we as supporters , and maybe the owners have already worked out how much time will Mayanard be given ??

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I'm afraid most of the blame lies at the feet of the recruitment team.. We could have Klopp managing this team, and the results would still be the same.. Apart from 2 or 3 players the rest are just not good enough for this level of football..
    You said last night if we lose Tuesday then Maynard needs to go and now a few hours later you are saying it’s the not Maynard fault you don’t half tie yourself in NOTTS !

Reality is it’s a collective issue and as for Klopp wouldn’t do better is laughable we had a bloke at Swansea who had us 6th and we scored LOTS OF GOALS and WON LOTS OF GAMES at home ……since he has left we have same players with more added and yet here we are.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast