+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farke wins Manager of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Some great coaches in the championship. Think some of them can coach circles around some of the prem coaches. I also understand that coaching a prem team is different. The egos involved are off the scale.

Cant think of anyone I’d rather have for the run in the last games.
    Couldn’t agree more Spaldy. I hope that if we do return to the promised land that the 49ers will back him to the hilt unlike Norwich, nothing against them it’s how it was. If the 49ers back him and allow him time, we might just see a second Klopp emerging. I really hope so.

Norwich indeed never backed him, twice, unfortunately they don’t have the money to do so, apparently, I speak to many Norwich fans and they all were disappointed farke got the boot, he got them promoted twice with relatively unknown names but constantly played good football.

Of the current squad he had a good core to be built upon. Suspect Bryan may not last another season, Kamara, Firpo and Bambi won’t be good enough and Cooper and Dallas will be let go.

Still leaves a great group who seem to have great chemistry to add too.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Of the current squad he had a good core to be built upon. Suspect Bryan may not last another season, Kamara, Firpo and Bambi won’t be good enough and Cooper and Dallas will be let go.

Still leaves a great group who seem to have great chemistry to add too.
    Always liked Byram as a player. I think he will hang in for another season if we are in Premier league. Agree about Kamara, firpo. Bamford needs to stay healthy. I wonder what will happen to Aaronson and Shackleton. The former is still in the books while Shacks has hardly played.

I have written somewhere else that I think we need left back, right back, centre back, and attacking midfielder (Rutter's position).

Surely not - we always have such depth at left back 🤔🤣

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Surely not - we always have such depth at left back 🤔🤣
    Back in the day we had terry Cooper, Frank Gray and Trevor Cherry. After Cooper broke his leg in 1972, he was never the same again. But then came Cherry and Gray. Now we have Firpo.

I think it’s odd we have so much trouble with wing backs. We do well on wingers, mids and CB’s. We’ve not had a top left back since lg 1 it seems like. I liked Alioski but he was not a shut down defender

We produce them still we just can’t hang onto them 🙉 -Leif Davis is tearing it up, Huggins for Sunderland. And Charlie Taylor are all from our youth set up.

Couple of young kids in the u18 look decent too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)