+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Wimbledon

Player ratings v Wimbledon

Given the performance I couldn't bring myself to do individual ratings so I'm just rating the team as a 4.

Despite the hugely disappointing result, I'd go for a team rating of 6. We didn't play that well but we didn't play that badly either, we just can't stop gifting soft goals. That was the difference, we had a few chances but they defended them well, they didn't create much but we scored for them!

I genuinely didn't think we played too badly. We certainly didn't deserve to lose, and definitely not by a two goal margin.

Slocombe 6 - No testing saves, all routine and generally good distribution. The best keeper we have.

Macari 7 - Solid game, should be a regular starter.

Baldwin 7 - Thought he was playing well and hope his injury isn't bad.

Cameron 6.5 - Better than recent performances. Still doesn't use his physical presence enough and doesn't open up his body when receiving the ball.

Robertson 7 - Very steady, played well.

O'Brien 7 - Shame he went off as thought he was superb.

Crowley 7.5 - My MOTM. Worked hard and was constantly involved. Kept trying to the bitter end.

Jones 6 - By playing him behind Chicksen, we nullified our biggest threat. Strange tactical decision.

Nemane 6.5 - Some good positions and final balls were generally better today.

Chicken 4.5 - Offered nothing. He's not good enough for this level.

Langstaff 5 - Not involved enough and fluffed his lines again with the chances.

Subs
    Rawlinson 5 - Never had him down as a match winner. Looked a very strange OG, not sure what he was trying to do.

Austin 6 - Worked hard and a couple of decent deliveries.

Randall - not on long enough.

Maynard 4 - Prior to his arrival, Jones was out left and tearing teams a new one. Our biggest threat. He's tinkered with him positionally to the point where we've nullified him. It's like having a nuke and removing the detonator. We've gone from being free scoring and conceding too many to a team that doesn't score and still concedes too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I genuinely didn't think we played too badly. We certainly didn't deserve to lose, and definitely not by a two goal margin.

Slocombe 6 - No testing saves, all routine and generally good distribution. The best keeper we have.

Macari 7 - Solid game, should be a regular starter.

Baldwin 7 - Thought he was playing well and hope his injury isn't bad.

Cameron 6.5 - Better than recent performances. Still doesn't use his physical presence enough and doesn't open up his body when receiving the ball.

Robertson 7 - Very steady, played well.

O'Brien 7 - Shame he went off as thought he was superb.

Crowley 7.5 - My MOTM. Worked hard and was constantly involved. Kept trying to the bitter end.

Jones 6 - By playing him behind Chicksen, we nullified our biggest threat. Strange tactical decision.

Nemane 6.5 - Some good positions and final balls were generally better today.

Chicken 4.5 - Offered nothing. He's not good enough for this level.

Langstaff 5 - Not involved enough and fluffed his lines again with the chances.

Subs
    Rawlinson 5 - Never had him down as a match winner. Looked a very strange OG, not sure what he was trying to do.

Austin 6 - Worked hard and a couple of decent deliveries.

Randall - not on long enough.

Maynard 4 - Prior to his arrival, Jones was out left and tearing teams a new one. Our biggest threat. He's tinkered with him positionally to the point where we've nullified him. It's like having a nuke and removing the detonator. We've gone from being free scoring and conceding too many to a team that doesn't score and still concedes too many.
    Which match are you rating?

Exactly my thoughts, Crowley motm, what game were you watching. Jim was leaps and bounds above everybody today so Maynard took him off, tactical genius-not

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    Exactly my thoughts, Crowley motm, what game were you watching. Jim was leaps and bounds above everybody today so Maynard took him off, tactical genius-not
    A difficult MOTM decision today.

I would have marginally given it to Crowley, with JOB and Macari pushing him close.

The only positive displays I saw were Nemane (who played his best for a long time, and even got tackles in!) Macari/Robbo/JOB hard working and steady. Average displays Sam, Baldwin, Cameron, Chicky (perhaps). The rest? Well Crowley was going in ever decreasing circles, ML wasn't playing, JJ has developed a very annoying "pass a man then go back and pass him again" play. Subs, no comment really. Thought we defended better (until it went tits up) but attack play was woeful against a big hard defence. Where the F was Jatta?

Slocombe 6 - Had very little to do and his distribution was okay but with how turd our defence is, we could have Yashin in goal and still concede boatloads.

Macari 6.5 - Decent enough.

Baldwin 6.5 - Same as Macari.

Cameron 6.5 - Same as Baldwin, didn't see the 2nd goal so I can't say if anyone was at fault for it, but if anyone was they'd be marked a point lower.

Chicksen 6 - Made a lot of forward runs and looked reasonably decent defensively, but he shouldn't be starting for a league two club with supposed lofty ambitions.

Nemane 6.5 - Pretty decent defensively today but very little end product as usual; the same can be said for the whole team however so I won't mark him down for it.

Jones 5.5 - Was incredibly petulant for the most part, spend decent chunks of the game just throwing his arms about and he didn't but in a decent ball all game.

Robertson 7 - Probably the only notts player I currently enjoy watching. Played some great passed and was very composed on the ball, plus its nice to see someone actually put themselves about for once.

JOB 7 - Another decent performance from Jim, and once again our performance dropped off once he was subbed. Even at 36. I'd still take him over Bostock everyday of the week, but the fact that we're still somehow relying on him is a massive worry.

Crowley 5 - Gave the ball away constantly through either holding onto it for far too long, picking the wrong pass or falling to beat the first man with all of his crosses.

Langstaff 5 - Yet another poor performance. Missed his only decent chance yet again.

Rawlinson 4 - Hes supposed to be our best defender aerially, yet we conceded from two balls into our box after he came on, one of which he inexplicably headed home himself, he's well past it.

Austin 5 - Completely anonymous as he has been for months now.

Randall 5 - Did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    Pretty obvious to anyone who knows even a little about football, Jim had a very good game but was physically done, that's why he was hooked.
    Crowley or Robbo MOTM.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Pretty obvious to anyone who knows even a little about football, Jim had a very good game but was physically done, that's why he was hooked. Crowley or Robbo MOTM.
    Jim O'Brien was excellent, constantly taking the initiative defensively and offensively, giving it everything for as long as he could, as he always does, and when he left the field he was spent. Sadly, we again replaced JOB by shoehorning Sam Austin into a position that simply doesn't suit him, in fact we're in grave danger of completely ruining Sam as player. Could we not have tried Colkett there?

I agreed with the official MoM award to Robertson, who seemed to me to be absolutely everywhere today, making challenges and virtually always picking the right pass and keeping things brisk. It's been a very difficult time for the team over the past two months or so, but I must say he's been a shining light and looks a very good signing indeed. Former Celtic and Scotland captain Scott Brown brought Robertson to Fleetwood from Celtic and I can see why: I think he saw a young version of himself in him!
    Last edited by jackal2; 10-03-2024 at 01:05 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast