+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Sadly, we again replaced JOB by shoehorning Sam Austin into a position that simply doesn't suit him, in fact we're in grave danger of completely ruining Sam as player. Could we not have tried Colkett there?
    I'll correct this earlier comment above. I'd formed the impression that Austin came on to play the same role as O'Brien in deeper midfield, but having seen Stuart Maynard's interview they apparently intended him to play in a more advanced role, which would explain why he was popping up further forward and putting a couple of crosses in. If that's the case, then at least it allays my concern stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Slocombe 6 - Had very little to do and his distribution was okay but with how turd our defence is, we could have Yashin in goal and still concede boatloads.

Macari 6.5 - Decent enough.

Baldwin 6.5 - Same as Macari.

Cameron 6.5 - Same as Baldwin, didn't see the 2nd goal so I can't say if anyone was at fault for it, but if anyone was they'd be marked a point lower.

Chicksen 6 - Made a lot of forward runs and looked reasonably decent defensively, but he shouldn't be starting for a league two club with supposed lofty ambitions.

Nemane 6.5 - Pretty decent defensively today but very little end product as usual; the same can be said for the whole team however so I won't mark him down for it.

Jones 5.5 - Was incredibly petulant for the most part, spend decent chunks of the game just throwing his arms about and he didn't but in a decent ball all game.

Robertson 7 - Probably the only notts player I currently enjoy watching. Played some great passed and was very composed on the ball, plus its nice to see someone actually put themselves about for once.

JOB 7 - Another decent performance from Jim, and once again our performance dropped off once he was subbed. Even at 36. I'd still take him over Bostock everyday of the week, but the fact that we're still somehow relying on him is a massive worry.

Crowley 5 - Gave the ball away constantly through either holding onto it for far too long, picking the wrong pass or falling to beat the first man with all of his crosses.

Langstaff 5 - Yet another poor performance. Missed his only decent chance yet again.

Rawlinson 4 - Hes supposed to be our best defender aerially, yet we conceded from two balls into our box after he came on, one of which he inexplicably headed home himself, he's well past it.

Austin 5 - Completely anonymous as he has been for months now.

Randall 5 - Did nothing.
    Moving Slocombe down to a 4 after seeing this goalkeeping monstrosity.

https://x.com/joshtidyy/status/1766618096184283507?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A difficult MOTM decision today.

I would have marginally given it to Crowley, with JOB and Macari pushing him close.
    Agree with that. Really good displays from those 3.

Robertson not quite as good as recent weeks but still solid and one beautiful ball slid through for Nemane from a long way away.

Langstaff struggling - missed a decent chance and took on an almost impossible shot that would've ended up with Chicksen unmarked 6 yards out.

I thought overall we didn't play badly. Conditions not great and Wimbledon very physical with a lot of niggley fouls, but the ref was seeing them and gave free kicks and cards when deserved. I disagree with those who say the players weren't trying for Maynard - I thought that was a committed display, but that was no way a game we should have lost, and we lost it.

I'm one of the intellectual gaslighters in that I can see what Maynard is trying to do, and we hardly gave any chances up defensively, but obviously we contrived to let two goals in anyway and losing home game after home game is worrying.

I think that's called a Pirouette

A Pirouette is a French word for the Ballet reference, "to whirl about."

I think it's the first time I've seen a Goalkeeper do one.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post

🤣🤣

minus another half a point...I thought he could have done better with the own goal too.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post

Didn't notice that in real time. Seems like if he just stands there and watches the ball he catches the header when it comes in. Absolutely bizarre.

I've never really known a Notts team where the players responsible for keeping the ball out the net are not just incapable of doing that, but seem to go out of their way every week to make sure we concede.

Jones was claterred early and seemed to be struggling to play his usual game afterwards

Jatta was left out of the original line-up presumably to be brought on as a strong impact against a tiring opposition - what happened there? Were Wimbledon not tiring but Notts were? The crowd certainly weren't, they were quite lively making for the early exits.

Jones wasn't expected to get tired during the game as he was positioned more in midfield where he had to make up ground to be where he should have been in the first place. I expect this was all part of Maynard's cunning plan to confuse, not just the enemy, but the fans as well as Nemane was making himself a nuisance on the other wing.

Points: Team, an average of 5. No more because of a lack of cohesion.
    Manager, -1. I would have given him more but he didn't resign after the game.

Robertson was mom for me closely followed by Crowley and JoB, I thought most of our dangerous situations came when Nemane took on his man and beat him and put in some decent crosses in the second half, but once again we can’t defend the long throw and corner.
    I’m afraid the brothers have to bite the bullet and realise they have made a mistake appointing Maynard.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast