+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A sobering thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Have you actually watched his body language? Saying he is comfortably in our top three isn’t say much at all, is it?
    Currently we only have three in our top 3….vik, vik, and vik.

Haks came here under warne, as a defender. But he isn’t really any good, so he got moved into midfield.
    Haks is one of our triers…was. Take note, like many, I think he wants away.

Interestingly, who do you think the other one is? Because the top speaks for itself.
    It's a moot point, but I'm sure he was brought in as cover in midfield. I'm not really sure how anyone watching this season would suggest he's not in the shortlist for player of the season - even if it's a forgone conclusion who gets that.

Of the players who have played enough games to be considered there's only Vik, Haks and CT who have been anywhere near consistently decent or better. FWIW I think Viktor's close range shot stopping masks a few shortcomings in his game which will weigh into him going for somewhere like 2-4m max rather than 8-12m. Best shot stopper in the division, but he's not the all rounder many teams will want.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    It's a moot point, but I'm sure he was brought in as cover in midfield. I'm not really sure how anyone watching this season would suggest he's not in the shortlist for player of the season - even if it's a forgone conclusion who gets that.

Of the players who have played enough games to be considered there's only Vik, Haks and CT who have been anywhere near consistently decent or better. FWIW I think Viktor's close range shot stopping masks a few shortcomings in his game which will weigh into him going for somewhere like 2-4m max rather than 8-12m. Best shot stopper in the division, but he's not the all rounder many teams will want.
    How about a team with patience took him on and developed his all over game and rounded off these rough edges. What would his real worth be then? I suppose it's a case of which club takes him on. How he wasn't snapped up in January totally baffles me and I suppose a lot of other Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    How about a team with patience took him on and developed his all over game and rounded off these rough edges. What would his real worth be then? I suppose it's a case of which club takes him on. How he wasn't snapped up in January totally baffles me and I suppose a lot of other Millers.
    I don't have a vested interest in where he ends up to be honest, my only real point is that he's not an all round, elite keeper. Shot stopping is second to none in our tier, but many now want sweeper keepers, good passers, complete authority in the box, and he's not top drawer across those facets. I'm surprised he's still here, but I don't think his sale will fund a new team. To be fair, as a club, we've had a lot of decent keepers over the years, so maybe the bar is higher than elsewhere.

I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion vik will leave. All PR is drumming up and softening up so we accept he goes.
    The man himself says he will not ask to go. Not many you can believe that of.
    However, he is the ONLY player we could sell which would raise any significant sum….other than humps. And I know when TS finally engineers a sale, and leaves it too late, we will then be at the tail end again.

Is it too much to ask that we don’t keep self imploding as a club, reliant on a luck dip in manger terms who knows what is needed?

We are facing a crucial rebuild. We need more than hope it goes right.

LR says we are not playing the way he wants….I wonder what way that will be? That coukd be crucial too.

Viktor will go for £2.5M tops. He has a release clause in his contract, that was the only way he re-signed for us.

Viktor has been very good for us and we've been very good for him. I like him. But he's not as good as Pollitt or Mountford. His Achilles heel is lack of height. He doesn't dominate at corners. Take a look at the Coventry game. But yes, his reflexes have saved us this year from complete annihilation and embarrassment. I wish him well but I don't think he will ever be a top Premier League keeper

I really do wonder what some people see at games, Oddofin has been outstanding this season, and Vik is far better than Pollitt or Mountford.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Vik is far better than Pollitt...
    Everyone has an opinion on who's better than who, but that's a helluva claim.

I can remember outstanding players for us like Forrest & Towner. Pollitt or Mountford didn't come close to them got to have been better keepers for us than them here.

Gordon Morritt was the first keeper I saw over the decades. So I've seen a few. Pollitt and Mountford are the best I've witnessed.Tall, dominant in the box, and no slouches when it came to reflex saves. Who are the keepers who've "got to" have been better?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast