+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I have, in 76-77…..2-0 down at home to Spurs and getting our a r s e s kicked and we scored 4 without reply in the second half and played them off the park.

Also, 3-0 down at West Ham 20 years ago and won 4-3.

It’s rare for us but it does happen.

Once went out for a run with us losing 2-0 at Exeter and arrived back home and we’d won 3-2.
    I was at the Spurs game, we really smacked their a r s e s second half. We got run out of the brummie end with spurs fans with flick knives, ended up in the seated area. Willie Johnston was unstoppable that game.

3-0 down to West Ham was a great come back.
    I was convinced the radio report had the wrong West team down as winning 4-3. Bad radio signal from my car at the time.

I have, in 76-77…..2-0 down at home to Spurs and getting our a r s e s kicked and we scored 4 without reply in the second half and played them off the park.

Also, 3-0 down at West Ham 20 years ago and won 4-3.

It’s rare for us but it does happen.

Once went out for a run with us losing 2-0 at Exeter and arrived back home and we’d won 3-2.

Yes mick, I remember those games, but were we as bad in the first half of those matches as we were today?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    We don’t always thought Leicester. We’ve had games where we’ve come out of the blocks like a rocket. Corberan treats each game as a separate test. He plans to the minute detail. That doesn’t mean that teams won’t initially scupper his plans with a change themselves to suit playing us but we know Corberan is “on it”, and makes tactical changes. Today is a case in point. Huddersfield desperate for points played the way they needed to get something out of the game, it worked for the first half then Corberan turns the screw. More often than not it works.
    Good point, but with better finishing we should have been 3-0 down at half time and a mountain to climb.
    There’s been too many inept away performances this season Boro and Sunderland to name just two, Corberran although brilliant at home, his tactics in many away games have been questionable

I was at the Spurs game, we really smacked their a r s e s second half. We got run out of the brummie end with spurs fans with flick knives, ended up in the seated area. Willie Johnston was unstoppable that game.
    I was in the Smethwick End with my dad that day.

It’s funny how people’s memories are seen through rose tinted specs mate, there was stuff on Facebook about that match this week and those who “were there” were regaling stories of how Albion fans battered Spurs fans and “kicked them out” of the Brummie.

Exactly the opposite happened, our lot mainly ran for their lives and the entire upper Brummie Rd was taken by Spurs fans.

It’s the only time I’ve seen that happen.

The police cleared them in the end, it certainly wasn’t our lot, I’ll bet there was 500-1000 Spurs fans in there that day.

Four or five later I was in a pub not far from Smethwick West railway station and it was surrounded by Spurs fans.

The landlord locked the doors and they bricked all the windows, it was an absolute riot, total bedlam.

That incident and me alone being chased for a mile by Stoke fans when I came out of the Victoria Ground a few minutes early in the 90’s are the most scared I’ve been at a game.

Spurs fans kicked out a r s e s though, I’m confused when some one eyed fans say other.

Got back like a saturated cat! We were absolutely shocking in the first half and had they scored a second which they could have done it could have been curtains.

Second half out of the blocks and played well. That said for me - Huddersfield are the worst side in the division!

Wallace crap again. Johnstone and Mowatt were excellent and Fellows ran rings around them when he came in!

Why do we invite pressure? The best form of defence is to attack like the second half and Carlos needs to get this sorted. Glad Bartley was back too as Kipre and Palmer were poor in the first half especially!

It’s funny how people’s memories are seen through rose tinted specs mate, there was stuff on Facebook about that match this week and those who “were there” were regaling stories of how Albion fans battered Spurs fans and “kicked them out” of the Brummie.

Exactly the opposite happened, our lot mainly ran for their lives and the entire upper Brummie Rd was taken by Spurs fans.

The police cleared them in the end, it certainly wasn’t our lot, I’ll bet there was 500-1000 Spurs fans in there that day.

Four or five later I was in a pub not far from Smethwick West railway station and it was surrounded by Spurs fans.

The landlord locked the doors and they bricked all the windows, it was an absolute riot, total bedlam.

That incident and me alone being chased for a mile by Stoke fans when I came out of the Victoria Ground a few minutes early in the 90’s are the most scared I’ve been at a game.

Spurs fans kicked out a r s e s though, I’m confused when some one eyed fans say other.
    I was only 12? At the time, it was awful. I climbed the fence separating the brummie from the seating area. Got a great view for the second half close to Willie. Great second half. Went home buzzin’ Long slow trip on the green double decker. Hate buses.

I was only 12? At the time, it was awful. I climbed the fence separating the brummie from the seating area. Got a great view for the second half close to Willie. Great second half. Went home buzzin’ Long slow trip on the green double decker. Hate buses. If your dates are correct I would have been 16. I could have sworn it was earlier.

I was only 12? At the time, it was awful. I climbed the fence separating the brummie from the seating area. Got a great view for the second half close to Willie. Great second half. Went home buzzin’ Long slow trip on the green double decker. Hate buses. If your dates are correct I would have been 16. I could have sworn it was earlier.
    It was our first season back in the top division under Giles mate.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/west-b...er-1976-83566/

It was our first season back in the top division under Giles mate.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/west-b...er-1976-83566/
    I checked too, you’re right, I must have been 16

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)