+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    Make the Johnstone deal permanent now!
    We can’t at this point for a number of reasons.

If I was Celtic hierarchy I wouldn’t even discuss a deal at the moment, they might well change manager at the end of the season for one thing.

If they do decide to sell him they might as well wait to see the level of interest from other clubs as there’s bound to be plenty.

If we were that confident in our scouting we should’ve had a clause to buy him inserted in the loan deal, that in itself is dangerous when you look at how poorly the Marshall deal has worked out so far.

We still don’t know which division we’re going to be in next season and who we’re going to lose due to FFP.

The churn in players could be massive this summer.

It’s wishful thinking in dreaming he’ll be signed up now, it won’t happen, he’s more likely to be playing against us next season…..alas.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Never that easy though Tipp. He knows exactly what he’s doing and the reasons (which can change) and he’s great at responding. Top top manager.
    I'm afraid that the jury is still out for me Boingy but we must keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I'm afraid that the jury is still out for me Boingy but we must keep the faith.
    Gobsmacked Tipp! Seriously. Even if we didn’t make the play offs he’s still the best manager we’ve had in decades. I believe we will though and wouldn’t be surprised if this Spanish footballing genius got us promoted this season. I’m dreading the day we get someone else tbh. So many average managers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We can’t at this point for a number of reasons.

If I was Celtic hierarchy I wouldn’t even discuss a deal at the moment, they might well change manager at the end of the season for one thing.

If they do decide to sell him they might as well wait to see the level of interest from other clubs as there’s bound to be plenty.

If we were that confident in our scouting we should’ve had a clause to buy him inserted in the loan deal, that in itself is dangerous when you look at how poorly the Marshall deal has worked out so far.

We still don’t know which division we’re going to be in next season and who we’re going to lose due to FFP.

The churn in players could be massive this summer.

It’s wishful thinking in dreaming he’ll be signed up now, it won’t happen, he’s more likely to be playing against us next season…..alas.

Unfortunately everything you’ve said is true. Nothing is as straightforward as it seems. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Gobsmacked Tipp! Seriously. Even if we didn’t make the play offs he’s still the best manager we’ve had in decades. I believe we will though and wouldn’t be surprised if this Spanish footballing genius got us promoted this season. I’m dreading the day we get someone else tbh. So many average managers out there.
    Agreed boingy, and remember, some would not be happy with Guardiola… 😜😎

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Agreed boingy, and remember, some would not be happy with Guardiola… 😜😎
    Corberan came off the Bielsa coaching tree, probably some of his assistants as well, it’s often worth looking at succession in these situations, next cab off the rank mentality.

There’s loads of good young coaches around nowadays if you look around the divisions, like the guy at Ipswich for example and Southampton’s manager.

What we need to steer clear off is the hardy perennial types like Bruce, Allardyce and the rest of the ten club managers.

The lure of home might end up being the pull for Corberan, especially with him having at least one young child, you could see a Villarreal or Valencia job with European football being on offer at some point.

If I was Shilen I’d be sitting down with him and seeing if I could get him to sign a five year contract with massive incentives involved.

I’d also be saying to the fans, you love the bloke, you rate the bloke and so we’ve signed him up for five years, if we have a bad run or poor season he’s going nowhere.

Personally, I’d have wanted to be a one club playing legend at whatever level and I’d have loved to have been a Crewe, Dario Gradi type manager of huge longevity.

Without the kiddie fiddling scenario.

Shooting up the away table , 5 unbeaten run
    https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway...eague=england2

Yes, I was delighted with second half performance and the final result but you still have to ask the question, especially away from home, ‘Why do we start games in such a slow, ponderous and lethargic manner?’ I don’t think I’ve witnessed such a difference on two halves in all my years following Albion.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Yes, I was delighted with second half performance and the final result but you still have to ask the question, especially away from home, ‘Why do we start games in such a slow, ponderous and lethargic manner?’ I don’t think I’ve witnessed such a difference on two halves in all my years following Albion.
    I have, in 76-77…..2-0 down at home to Spurs and getting our a r s e s kicked and we scored 4 without reply in the second half and played them off the park.

Also, 3-0 down at West Ham 20 years ago and won 4-3.

It’s rare for us but it does happen.

Once went out for a run with us losing 2-0 at Exeter and arrived back home and we’d won 3-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    We don’t always though Leicester. We’ve had games where we’ve come out of the blocks like a rocket. Corberan treats each game as a separate test. He plans to the minute detail. That doesn’t mean that teams won’t initially scupper his plans with a change themselves to suit playing us but we know Corberan is “on it”, and makes tactical changes. Today is a case in point. Huddersfield desperate for points played the way they needed to get something out of the game, it worked for the first half then Corberan turns the screw. More often than not it works.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)