+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big Val Sacked At Watford

Big Val Sacked At Watford

Done well to survive this far in to the season at that club in my opinion .

Watford sack manager Valérien Ismaël following home defeat by Coventry https://www.theguardian.com/football...=share_btn_url

With Watford poor record of keeping managers am surprised he has lasted so long.

In the meantime he continues to bolster his wealth.

I think he may struggle to get another job in England now, without doing well abroad again.

Gave us one of the best seasons in our history in my opinion. It might not have been pretty at times but the way the whole club was pulling in the same direction and working for each other was incredible. If only we’d have been there to see it in person rather than through iFollow.

My views/ principles on Ismael's cheating other fans, players and clubs in Austria have never changed.

The big Valbowski was seen walking around Accy taarn today lol.
    Accy ehh, who are they, ehh ehh, exactly!!. 😁

I wish he was at Oakwell now, nothing against Collins in fact I have recently been warming to him but I am convinced Val would get us out of this league & most certainly we would not have capitulated like we did yesterday but it is only my opinion , I liked Val , I liked the energy & fitness levels he brought to the team , not for the purist but neither is the third division therefore horses for courses .

Vertical football. It got sussed in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Vertical football. It got sussed in the end.
    And it nearly got us back into the Premier league as well, which everybody conveniently chooses to ignore.
    It depends what the expectations are and should be in the Championship, and whether we're happy to just keep propping up the League and be the whipping boys.
    For that one season, he gave us something much different and much better. And while it always had that one-off feel about it, it was a joy to witness while it lasted. 👍