+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three more wins!

75 points usually gets you in the play-offs … given our run in we look pretty nailed on … mind this is the Albion. We also need to keep the good form going and not let up.

Is the coach to Wembley still on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Still not sure what was attempted to be communicated by Lloyd, on the fourth reading.
    By the fifth reading, it could indeed be a very primitive form of Irish black country dialect.
    'Furlong, Kipre and Okay Yokuslu have today passed the deadline for a 2 match ban for an accumulation of bookings. This would explain Furlong's substitution today'.

I think 😃 .

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I don’t think any of us expected us to be even talking about nailing a place in the play offs at the start of the season. Some thought we would be getting relegated and I was happy to just have a half decent season and build from there. Proud to be a baggie.
    If you look back to the start boingy my hope first off, centred around possible administration with relegation and anything else a bonus.
    To see us where we are today with a really crap goalkeeper, really crap midfielders, really no crap forwarders to talk about, a really crap thread bare squad of really crap so so players coached by a crap coach and for the most part owned by an extraordinary inept communist sucking life out of everything involved in the club......I would conclude our current position is skin to a modern day miracle performed to give hope to all true football fans everywhere.
    So enough moaning about individual players for the next nine games and just bask in what has actually been achieved here by the whole club under an absolute W A N K E R of an owner.
    So I am a very happy Baggies no matter what happens now.
    Thank you..😇

If you look back to the start boingy my hope first off, centred around possible administration with relegation and anything else a bonus.
    To see us where we are today with a really crap goalkeeper, really crap midfielders, really no crap forwarders to talk about, a really crap thread bare squad of really crap so so players coached by a crap coach and for the most part owned by an extraordinary inept communist sucking life out of everything involved in the club......I would conclude our current position is skin to a modern day miracle performed to give hope to all true football fans everywhere.
    So enough moaning about individual players for the next nine games and just bask in what has actually been achieved here by the whole club under an absolute W A N K E R of an owner.
    Thank you..😇
    You speak for so many who were so worried about the future of our club. We can now look forward to a more secure future with an owner who appears so sincere with his intentions for the club. Wouldn't it be fantastic if this season ended with another Great Escape, this time from the Championship?

Thank you..😇
    😂 Made me laugh Dubbs. We’ve got a good squad, just needed galvanising. I keep watching that goal line clearance from Furlong v QPR, and I can’t honestly imagine anyone else in the championship or the Premiership clearing that shot off the line. It was akin to Gordon Banks’s save v Brazil. Outstanding. All the team has contributed this season, and Corberan undoubtedly is respected by all the players.

No doubting Corberan's achievements given the limitations he has had but still get fed up with so many of the London-centric press claiming we are "punching above our weight". How long have we held 5th place? This isn't down to luck and it isn't undeserved. We are all very aware of the shortcomings of players/tactics at times but we have earnt our league position and that's down to the efforts of players and management/coaching staff. No different than when we were in the Premiership and MOTD would put any successes we had against the traditional "top" teams as being primarily down to their failings rather than how well Albion had played. Guess this won't change anytime soon but still pi sses me off and would be nice for them to give the credit where it is due for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    No doubting Corberan's achievements given the limitations he has had but still get fed up with so many of the London-centric press claiming we are "punching above our weight". How long have we held 5th place? This isn't down to luck and it isn't undeserved. We are all very aware of the shortcomings of players/tactics at times but we have earnt our league position and that's down to the efforts of players and management/coaching staff. No different than when we were in the Premiership and MOTD would put any successes we had against the traditional "top" teams as being primarily down to their failings rather than how well Albion had played. Guess this won't change anytime soon but still pi sses me off and would be nice for them to give the credit where it is due for once.

Totally agree Omeg and I don’t think we are punching whatsoever. Leicester on our board made a good point when he said we have some quality players.

1. We only just missed out on the play offs last season after an awful start.
    2. Wallace and Swift were considered excellent players when we got them.
    3. A few of our players have Premier experience.
    4. Corberon has developed Kipre, Mowatt and Fellows.

No - I expected us to be challenging for the play offs as the side is better than last season when we JUST missed out on the play offs. O’Shea would not even get in our side now!

So why would some not have expected the play offs or there abouts?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    �� Made me laugh Dubbs. We’ve got a good squad, just needed galvanising. I keep watching that goal line clearance from Furlong v QPR, and I can’t honestly imagine anyone else in the championship or the Premiership clearing that shot off the line. It was akin to Gordon Banks’s save v Brazil. Outstanding. All the team has contributed this season, and Corberan undoubtedly is respected by all the players.
    Tongue in cheek post boingy...

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    'Furlong, Kipre and Okay Yokuslu have today passed the deadline for a 2 match ban for an accumulation of bookings. This would explain Furlong's substitution today'.

I think �� .
    Now it makes sense. It is not far off actually in Irish language....

Tongue in cheek post boingy...
    I know Dubbs, still made me laugh though 😉

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)