+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alleged "Wage Stealers"

Alleged "Wage Stealers"

Hope we never get ourselves into this kind of deal again.

Ones who've come across like this in recent times (not counting those who've been injured or injury history that we've known about but still signed in hope):

D Schofield?
    Dexter B
    D Ayala

any others come to mind (i.e. sat out/not wanting to play...?

This happening to the club is because there was no one on the clubs board with football knowledge,
    if you now count Scott as Director of football, there is now someone.
    But this comes after shutting the stable door, after the horse had bolted.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Hope we never get ourselves into this kind of deal again.

Ones who've come across like this in recent times (not counting those who've been injured or injury history that we've known about but still signed in hope):

D Schofield?
    Dexter B
    D Ayala

any others come to mind (i.e. sat out/not wanting to play...?
    Danny Schofield didn't want to be transferred out to another club with the likelihood of a wage drop so refused to go. His outcome was to be sent to train with the youth set up until his contract finished so in essence he wasn't a wage stealer. Didn't blame him at the time and still don't.

Thats one reason Brin, being no idea about football matters.

May-be Tony Stewart ought to be aiming higher up the line, with his axing.
    Last edited by Brin; 11-03-2024 at 10:26 PM.

Rob Scott should be answerable for some of the garbage he has brought in. I'll start with Eaves,Hugill,Appiah,Nombe and others. If he let managers over rule him then he has no real authority and should be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Rob Scott should be answerable for some of the garbage he has brought in. I'll start with Eaves,Hugill,Appiah,Nombe and others. If he let managers over rule him then he has no real authority and should be replaced.
    Agreed. I would imagine though with Scott, a Manager highlights a player he's interested in and then he sets about the scouting/recruitment points. I don't think Scott will be offering all the s.hite up we've signed maybe some but not all, more of the Manager at the time has taken a call from an agent offering a player up. IF Warne signed Eaves solely on the basis he scored a hat trick against us when Hull hammered us then Warney you dropped a b.ollock on that one pal.

The good news is we will shed the wages is Appiah, Morrison, clucas, hall, peltier, Ferguson? Next season. That should free up a bit o cash. Pity we can't get shut of hugebill and eaaaaveees but at least they will be on less. Also save on Viktor.

The problem.is next season we want strengthening all over. A new goalie, a complete new defence, 2 wingers and 2 forruds. It will virtually.need to be a new squad! That is a lot of players to get in the summer. We may need to promote one or 2 of the young lads.

As mi.old mum used to say it's a right bloody.mess!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The good news is we will shed the wages is Appiah, Morrison, clucas, hall, peltier, Ferguson? Next season. That should free up a bit o cash. Pity we can't get shut of hugebill and eaaaaveees but at least they will be on less. Also save on Viktor.

The problem.is next season we want strengthening all over. A new goalie, a complete new defence, 2 wingers and 2 forruds. It will virtually.need to be a new squad! That is a lot of players to get in the summer. We may need to promote one or 2 of the young lads.

As mi.old mum used to say it's a right bloody.mess!
    Roly, I only ask Richardson NOT to sign Charlie Wyke on the old pals act and it's blocked if he attempts to do so.

One old pals act I would go for, with LR & the Wigan Athletic connection is -

26 year-old Stephen Humphrys, out of contract this summer.

I was disappointed when we signed Wyke,but I thought give him a chance, maybe I've miss-judged him.
    Unfortunately I don't think I have, a third rate Michael Smith at best,and we've already got 3 of them !
    Would have been better keeping Georgie for his 20 minute cameos ,I hope to God we're not relying on these 4 next season.
    I've no idea what Richardson 's style or plan will be,but we have be desperate all season for attacking midfielders and wingers,people used to slate Wiles and Chieo, but man,we could do with them now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast