+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team for next season

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Bit early for this. I want to see what happens in the last 11 games
    Main question is who will Montague be consulting with as Head Coach. The present one took over with us in a play-off place and has taken us quickly to 15th with a 4 from 24pt run
    The quick answer is None

Do we cash in on Langstaff and Jones as they'll most likely want to leave if we don't show ambition by appointing an experienced coach or at least an exciting young coach. SM is a nice guy but the years of non league football, playing and coaching is showing up in spades in the football league.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    My ideal squad composition would be

GK - New
    GK - Brookes

RB - Macari
    RB - New

CB - New
    CB - New
    CB - New
    CB - New

LB - New
    LB - Chicksen

CM - Palmer
    CM - Robertson
    CM - JOB
    CM - Bajrami (OOC)

LW - Jones
    LW - New

RW - Nemane
    RW - New

AM - Crowley
    AM - McGoldrick

ST - Langstaff
    ST - Scott (OOC)
    ST - Jatta

This would mean getting rid of the following

Slocombe
    Stone
    Adebayo Rowling
    Brindley
    Baldwin (OOC)
    Rawlinson
    Cameron
    Bostock (OOC)
    Randall
    Morias

Means shifting 8 out of contract players on but would imagine if we can it would help with budget to rebuild the defence
    You can add Nemane , McGoldrick & Chicksen to that list..

Can we bring Needham Stubbs and Worthington out of retirement

Sadly less than a handful of players have been able to demonstrate they belong at this level and ironically most of those could play a level above. Jones, Crowley and Langstaff of the current first team are the only ones whose performances I would miss. I'd keep JOB, Palmer, Scott, Macari and Robertson. The rest are too reliant on being carried every week or are prone to too many errors. McGoldrick's 'moments' are enjoyable but not enough. I look forward to seeing Cameron & Nemane in anything other than Black&white.

Realistically ,how many of the current squad would get in the 2010 munto team.I am not sure any of them would.If that is the case then we are a long way off a promotion team.

Any thoughts we had that this season would be one of consolidation with a strong push for promotion next season has spectacularly backfired. We, the supporters (I consider this site as a fair cross-section of the fan base), seem to have arrived at the conclusion that 70%(+/-) of the current squad are simply not good enough. So what do we look forward to? Season 24/25 being another period of consolidation? As it stands the current radar recruiting model doesn't look to be working. Now whether that is down to the people (person?) running the searches not being capable, there isn't anyone available that meets the financial requirements or the model isn't looking for the right type of player who knows but whatever it is that is wrong it needs some TLC or we many well be in schtuck in 24/25.

I think a lot of these posts are melodramatic over-reactions and fail to take into account a) how injury hit we are, especially to one key player in particular b) the massive blow to morale on losing the club's leader c) the massive blow to morale of appointing the wrong coaching team as replacements

Many of the players written off were doing fine sitting top of the league and then nestled in the play-offs before all this **** happened.

Wholesale changes (a risk in itself) would take us back to the crazy Trew/Hardy era and then we would be on a trajectory to return to non-league.

I hope the club is more balanced than many on here. But I do believe that everything starts with one obvious decision.

I think that is a fair comment.However we do need 3 defenders and a goalie and that would make one hell of a difference.If the attacking part of the team know that one or two goals will win the game that takes all the pressure off.At the moment Macca and the rest are having to score 4 to just give us a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    I think that is a fair comment.However we do need 3 defenders and a goalie and that would make one hell of a difference.If the attacking part of the team know that one or two goals will win the game that takes all the pressure off.At the moment Macca and the rest are having to score 4 to just give us a chance.
    Hopefully the bros have realised their oversight regarding the defence, and will prioritise that in the summer.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast