+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts: Carlisle Utd-v-Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    With Peterborough's 3-1 win over Stevenage last night it leaves Lincoln only three points off the sixth place Play Off spot.

I would be a tad edgy if we came up against Lincoln in the Play Offs.
    I agree with you , I know we were poor last week but overall I thought Lincoln were the best team to visit Oakwell so far this season & when I say that I do not mean that they had the best players but had the most complete unit , they played as a complete compact unit from back to front , they played with pace & movement & worked their socks off & thoroughly deserved their win . It would be interesting to see how they would perform under pressure ,especially when there was something really big like a play off match as currently every game to them is a free hit & the form they are on has brought huge confidence & more to the point momentum , however the play offs bring a whole new scenario & how they handle it would be interesting but I totally agree with you that on their current form they are a team to be avoided.

Bring any of um on and get your hotel booked.

If (or hopefully when) we do make the Play offs, I don't fancy our chances against any of the 3 we're battlng with at the moment.
    The runners up place is still possible, but with our pub league style defending, and a possible points deduction coming, I can't see us making it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    If (or hopefully when) we do make the Play offs, I don't fancy our chances against any of the 3 we're battlng with at the moment.
    The runners up place is still possible, but with our pub league style defending, and a possible points deduction coming, I can't see us making it.
    I am not sure where you are getting the points deduction from, nothing about such an outcome has been mentioned in the press anywhere , the only speculation about this seems to have come from the doom mongers on various social media outlets & there has been no comparisons from the past to suggest that this is going to happen , we have got to get on with the season & give it our best shot .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I am not sure where you are getting the points deduction from, nothing about such an outcome has been mentioned in the press anywhere , the only speculation about this seems to have come from the doom mongers on various social media outlets & there has been no comparisons from the past to suggest that this is going to happen , we have got to get on with the season & give it our best shot .
    I've always thought it will be some kind of financial penalty.

What we don't know yet are the full nature and degree of the Arseoyle Conway's shenanigans that resulted in the EFL charges but I would say there is a 5% chance of points deduction and even then it would be suspended or applied from next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I've always thought it will be some kind of financial penalty.

What we don't know yet are the full nature and degree of the Arseoyle Conway's shenanigans that resulted in the EFL charges but I would say there is a 5% chance of points deduction and even then it would be suspended or applied from next season.
    I agree with you , we do not know the ins and outs & until such times any speculation about the outcome is pointless .

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567