+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts: Carlisle Utd-v-Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts: Carlisle Utd-v-Barnsley

This is the definition of a walkover. We only need to turn up to win the game.

Carlisle marooned at bottom of Third Division, only 5 wins all season, Goal Difference of -32, 16 points from safety and soon to be confirmed as being relegated. Carlisle have nothing to play for.

Promotion chasing teams lick their lips at such fixtures.

A full programme of Third Division fixtures tomorrow (Tuesday) including--
    Carlisle-v-Barnsley
    Derby-v-Reading
    Bolton-v-Oxford
    Portsmouth-v-Burton

We have the easiest fixture and should relish putting pressure on the teams above us who could well slip up. Maybe a big boost to our Goal Difference as well

Go Well Neill's, Martin's,the two Jon's and Mladen's Men.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-03-2024 at 06:44 AM.

Addition to above-
    Wednesday evening -- Peterborough-v-Stevenage

I assume that you are taking the rise with this post SB as Carlisle managed to score 2 goals away at Charlton on saturday therefore our defence should not even be a challenge for their forwards, we struggled to beat them at home and for us to win the game we need at least 2 if not 3 goals , without Kane I feel creating chances might be limited , I am now thinking at best we might get a point but I see this as a glorious chance for Carlisle to get 3 points on the board . hope I am wrong.

I’m hoping for a massive reaction to that humiliating defeat on Saturday! DCP back in the defence should tighten up the back line, Cole hopefully will get back to scoring form and Grant has an opportunity to show Collins he can be just as effective as Kane in midfield.
    If we are at it from the start we should have too much for Carlisle to handle.

After the horror show on Saturday, we need to bounce back strongly. Realistically with our away record and their position in the table, we need to be taking 3 points.

Will be tough without Kane but whoever comes in for him will hopefully step up and want to put themselves in Collins’ thought process for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I’m hoping for a massive reaction to that humiliating defeat on Saturday! DCP back in the defence should tighten up the back line, .
    Is Donovan C Pines injured or not ? If he is anyone know what the nature of it is and how long he may be out ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Is Donovan C Pines injured or not ? If he is anyone know what the nature of it is and how long he may be out ?
    Not sure SB , we don't get to know these things like we did in the past .

If you lot don’t shag the arse off of us then you stand noooooo chance of promotion. Basically turn up, we’ll stand out of your way and let you score, well, as many as you want really. True, we’re that bad. Don’t be worried if we have a good first 10 or 15 minutes, we generally do then fall apart.

The shame if you lose. The shame.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    If you lot don’t shag the arse off of us then you stand noooooo chance of promotion. Basically turn up, we’ll stand out of your way and let you score, well, as many as you want really. True, we’re that bad. Don’t be worried if we have a good first 10 or 15 minutes, we generally do then fall apart.

Don't discount it griff , our defence can give anybody a chance , most of this league haven't punished us until last Saturday that is .

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post

Post 1 is not meant to be taken seriously Griff.

Barnsley fans do not play the Billy Big Bollox. We have had decades of being the club at the bottom and being patronised by Massive clubs around us so it is just a bit of irony.

Most of us know exactly what can happen.

You need to have read a few hundred of my posts to know how it was meant.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast