+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts: Carlisle Utd-v-Barnsley

Didn't see Saturday's game thankfully but everything was set up for a fall. Lincoln a form team, us complacent due to recent results against Derby and Bolton, the run we'd been on for the last 20 odd games had to come to an end. It should be the wake up call that we need for the run in. I expect therefore to get a reaction and a result tonight and it would be unforgivable if we don't; and that's no disrespect to Carlisle because they're a team that I would have liked to have seen stay up this season.

I remember in the mid 70's when Carlisle Utd were top of the old First Division after three games---something even the mighty Barnsley have never achieved.

I agree Arbs--a proper football club with no pretensions.

But we should beat them tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I remember in the mid 70's when Carlisle Utd were top of the old First Division after three games---something even the mighty Barnsley have never achieved.

I agree Arbs--a proper football club with no pretensions.

But we should beat them tonight.
    Yep, I was disappointed then, that having been top they managed to get relegated SB.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Post 1 is not meant to be taken seriously Griff.

Barnsley fans do not play the Billy Big Bollox. We have had decades of being the club at the bottom and being patronised by Massive clubs around us so it is just a bit of irony.

Most of us know exactly what can happen.

You need to have read a few hundred of my posts to know how it was meant.
    Absolutely none taken mate, I know how this works and I can’t fault your OP at all.

I accept it must be difficult with all those other EPL and EFL sides about; it’s equally difficult being miles form anywhere and, according to the uneducated southern masses, in Scotland. Attracting decent players is a challenge for a start. We now have new American owners who are investing but only took over mid-season. Next season in Division 4 should give us a good base to restart and if Everton sell Branthwaite, we should have a nice few extra millions in the bank. It’s not all doom and gloom in Carlisle and I wish you well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Yep, I was disappointed then, that having been top they managed to get relegated SB.
    Ta mate. We had our season in the sun and it’ll never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Ta mate. We had our season in the sun and it’ll never be forgotten.
    Terry Jacks https://youtu.be/Mw5wdXjTgFc

Is that an Ian Anderson avatar Griff?

Apparently Jethro are doing some shows this year.

Aye, I’m a bit of an old-school analog prog-monster

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    . We now have new American owners .
    If one of those American owners happens to be called Paul Conway I have some information for you.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast