+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts: Carlisle Utd-v-Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Doug O’Kane
    Roberts minor injury. Could play Saturday. Pines won’t be back by then but Collins thinks he will play again this season.
    It seems we have another mystery on Grove Street.
    It is a bit of an insult to paying fans not be told the nature of Donovan C Pines football "knock" sustained against Bolton and the normal recovery time for such an injury. A cryptic remark by Collins is not enough.

There are some even suggesting the hiding of another admin c0ck up, this time regarding Big Don's international clearance papers. As if.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Eee I Eee I Eee I O
    Up the Football League we go,
    When we win promotion
    This is what we'll sing-
    We are Barnsley, We are Barnsley,
    Collins is Our King.

A good window to launch the 2024/25 Season Ticket sales.
    And a couple of hours later.....

Official Site 2024/25 Season Tickets on sale.

The Revenue/ Commercial Team are becoming too predictable.

Hey Griff mate (if your still around, and I will chat on your board as well), it was good to hear Paul Simmo giving us credit for being a much better quality team etc.
    A lot of managers/coaches these days simply won't ever admit that about the opposition. Although, I don't think we are that much better, apart from the results, to be honest.
    But to me, it might sound weird but he doesn't sound like a manager who ever loses his temper!. 🙁

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Griff mate (if your still around, and I will chat on your board as well), it was good to hear Paul Simmo giving us credit for being a much better quality team etc.
    A lot of managers/coaches these days simply won't ever admit that about the opposition. Although, I don't think we are that much better, apart from the results, to be honest.
    But to me, it might sound weird but he doesn't sound like a manager who ever loses his temper!. ��
    We are better from Connell forward and not from Connell backward.

The defence are panicky, lose concentration and lack leadership and coordination. They look like a bunch who have only known each other for and hour or two. It did look a lot better with Pines but hes out now for a unknown length of time.

I fear for the remaining 9 games as these frailties were easily exploited by Lincoln, Bolton and Carlisle, the leagues worst tieam, in the last 3 games, conceding 9 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    And a couple of hours later.....

Official Site 2024/25 Season Tickets on sale.

The Revenue/ Commercial Team are becoming too predictable.
    On a positive note , there is a pretty long window of above 5 weeks with an interest free option to purchase which certainly helps , i noticed our close neighbours at S6 gave their fans only 2 weeks in which to buy their early bird during january at extortionate prices , whilst football is a very expensive hobby I do believe our prices are pretty good, although I am sure others will disagree .

I read somewhere we were about average in pricing for Third Division football.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    But to me, it might sound weird but he doesn't sound like a manager who ever loses his temper!. ��
    He seems to be brutally honest tbf. The gulf in skill, athleticism and desire was apparent last night and even the other teams at the bottom have more of those than us. We need a complete rebuild starting as soon as this season finishes. I also can’t see him losing his temper; he’s a cancer survivor and doesn’t need the stress. He may well upset players in other ways though.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    We are better from Connell forward and not from Connell backward.

The defence are panicky, lose concentration and lack leadership and coordination. They look like a bunch who have only known each other for and hour or two. It did look a lot better with Pines but hes out now for a unknown length of time.

I fear for the remaining 9 games as these frailties were easily exploited by Lincoln, Bolton and Carlisle, the leagues worst tieam, in the last 3 games, conceding 9 goals.
    Our run in---

...............Cheltenham H
    ............................................Portsm outh A
    ................Cambridge H
    ............................................Burton A
    ............................................Charlt on A
    ............................................Steven age A
    ................Reading H
    ............................................Blackp ool A
    ................Northampton H

I'm guessing 7pts from the home games and maybe 5pts from the away games finishing the season on 82 pts, 4th or 5th in league.
    Arse twitching time approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    We are better from Connell forward, and not from Connell backward...
    Yo uncle Ethel. 😁
    Yeah I know what your saying mate, and it doesn't give me any confidence either. Although many fans do say that their second goal was a false impression of the game, and that we should have been 1-4 or 1-5 ahead at the time!.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    He seems to be brutally honest tbf. The gulf in skill, athleticism and desire was apparent last night and even the other teams at the bottom have more of those than us. We need a complete rebuild starting as soon as this season finishes. I also can’t see him losing his temper; he’s a cancer survivor and doesn’t need the stress. He may well upset players in other ways though.
    Hey Griff, have any of your fans said this season.. "What was the point in coming up, what was the point in winning Promotion, etc ?".
    We've gone through this before and asked the same question, when it looks like we're just going straight back down again with a whimper. ☹️

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast