+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yesterday & Different Views

Yesterday & Different Views

The most loyal West Brom supporters which is obvious are the ones who travel away week in week out - QPR and Huddersfield on a Sunday at 12 for example. Well I was at Huddersfield and the comments all around in the first half mirrored the comments on the board such as walking football - just kick the f uckin ball Palmer etc etc. That’s not to say these supporters at the match don’t love Carlos - they do - or think Palmer is the best keeper in the league - they do! That’s football.

The first half was absolutely shocking against a terrible Huddersfield side and had we gone in 2 nil it could have been curtains!

Negative comments on the board some say! Every one has a view. Prando clearly does not like Bartley and tells us in frequent posts but I think he’s one of our best players by far! I respect Prando’s views a lot as he’s a season ticket holder. Boingy who posts some great stuff but said to get rid of Grady and he does not rate him! Well Grady has scored two fantastic goals and in my view with confidence could be the great player we have seen and starting to become that again! 2nd yesterday he was a threat!

Do you know the two players the away supporters were singing about the most yesterday? Bartley and Grady!

The negativity and criticism at the match yesterday was far worse than comments on the board and rightly so. That’s not to say those people don’t love Albion because whilst many are at home they are spending s hit loads of money and going to away games all over the country.

I said I didn’t like Reach - well he’s been decent of late and done what’s asked of him. I have been rightly critical of Furlong but he’s really improved and hats off!

All opinions and views are valued. First half yesterday supporters were fuming as well as disgusted and had a right to be!

I love Carlos but on a number of games we have had to wake up - football pedestrian - too many subs etc etc. That’s the view of many but hey we all know he’s our best asset!

Great post Al, we’ll written, I’m sure Carlos will wake up at some point regarding the away performances, the style of football on show in the first half would be crucified in the Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The most loyal West Brom supporters which is obvious are the ones who travel away week in week out - QPR and Huddersfield on a Sunday at 12 for example. Well I was at Huddersfield and the comments all around in the first half mirrored the comments on the board such as walking football - just kick the f uckin ball Palmer etc etc. That’s not to say these supporters at the match don’t love Carlos - they do - or think Palmer is the best keeper in the league - they do! That’s football.

The first half was absolutely shocking against a terrible Huddersfield side and had we gone in 2 nil it could have been curtains!

Negative comments on the board some say! Every one has a view. Prando clearly does not like Bartley and tells us in frequent posts but I think he’s one of our best players by far! I respect Prando’s views a lot as he’s a season ticket holder. Boingy who posts some great stuff but said to get rid of Grady and he does not rate him! Well Grady has scored two fantastic goals and in my view with confidence could be the great player we have seen and starting to become that again! 2nd yesterday he was a threat!

Do you know the two players the away supporters were singing about the most yesterday? Bartley and Grady!

The negativity and criticism at the match yesterday was far worse than comments on the board and rightly so. That’s not to say those people don’t love Albion because whilst many are at home they are spending s hit loads of money and going to away games all over the country.

I said I didn’t like Reach - well he’s been decent of late and done what’s asked of him. I have been rightly critical of Furlong but he’s really improved and hats off!

All opinions and views are valued. First half yesterday supporters were fuming as well as disgusted and had a right to be!

I love Carlos but on a number of games we have had to wake up - football pedestrian - too many subs etc etc. That’s the view of many but hey we all know he’s our best asset!
    Great post that al..enjoyed reading.any thoughts about applying for a job at express and dingle.better than the crap they put out 😂

This is true Al, but I think the gist of it is that we (as most clubs do) have some really fickle fans.

When we lose, there's problems everywhere. Questions being asked about particular players. When we win we're the best team in the world. In reality, we need to not make knee jerk and quick emotional judgements. Nothing highlights it more than yesterday and the difference between how we played first and second half.

You have to look at the overall. And overall, to be 5th and with a great shout at the play offs at this stage I think we're doing quite well. There are reasons to be optimistic, and I'd probably still be saying that had we lost yesterday and played dismally the whole game, and not just the first half.

On the flip side, everyone is entitled to their opinion. And the emotional aspect is a part of the game. So hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    This is true Al, but I think the gist of it is that we (as most clubs do) have some really fickle fans.

When we lose, there's problems everywhere. Questions being asked about particular players. When we win we're the best team in the world. In reality, we need to not make knee jerk and quick emotional judgements. Nothing highlights it more than yesterday and the difference between how we played first and second half.

You have to look at the overall. And overall, to be 5th and with a great shout at the play offs at this stage I think we're doing quite well. There are reasons to be optimistic, and I'd probably still be saying that had we lost yesterday and played dismally the whole game, and not just the first half.

On the flip side, everyone is entitled to their opinion. And the emotional aspect is a part of the game. So hey ho.

Don’t disagree 123 as you know I really value your footballing comments. You can’t blame anyone for being very negative about that first half and it happens too often. There was around 1600 supporters or more yesterday so wouldn’t call anyone who braved a 12 kick off in the pouring rain on a Sunday as fickle. Everyone sees the game differently and I even have different views to my son who goes to a lot of away games. That’s football!

The West Brom away support is fantastic in numbers and they don’t hold back with what they think and why should they! Carlos like any manager won’t get it right all the time and yes the slow football ( at times ) irritates me but everyone loves him. That showed at the end when all supporters again were singing the Corberon song to him at the end.

Supporters in the first half just before the break were chanting - attack - attack - attack. We look so much better when we are attacking.

Huddersfield are an awful side. For me I don’t mind losing and can accept this - if we have a right go.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

It's almost as though you're suggesting highly strung emotional types should take a step away from the Internet for a moment of reflection and look at the bigger picture before committing highly strung emotive opinions about an emotional game to the Internet where they will remain if not forever then for a very long time with the potential to come back and bite them on the @rse. Might catch on...... might not. While not a gambling man it didn't take a very long moment of reflection to know where I'd place my money on this one 😊 .

I have been watching Albion for over 60 years and I am still the same now as back in my first season. I am down and pi**ed off when we are losing or lose and when we are winning or have won I am strutting around the ground or lounge like a Stormtrooper at a Nuremburg rally. I don't see the games through rose coloured glasses like some people do. When I see carelessness and a seemingly lack of effort and intensity then I am screaming in frustration and tourette syndrome kicks in. I am a half empty bloke and I can't change. However, I also appreciate and applaud the good stuff and when a player such as Reach or Diangana or Bartley who have got and do still get a lot of stick do the business I am quick to voice my appreciation. I would never boo and individual player during a game but I would boo the team at the end of a game if they played sh*te. However, if they played well and got well beaten by a better side I an accept it with good grace and just go home and kick the wife and dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
    I have been watching Albion for over 60 years and I am still the same now as back in my first season. I am down and pi**ed off when we are losing or lose and when we are winning or have won I am strutting around the ground or lounge like a Stormtrooper at a Nuremburg rally. I don't see the games through rose coloured glasses like some people do. When I see carelessness and a seemingly lack of effort and intensity then I am screaming in frustration and tourette syndrome kicks in. I am a half empty bloke and I can't change. However, I also appreciate and applaud the good stuff and when a player such as Reach or Diangana or Bartley who have got and do still get a lot of stick do the business I am quick to voice my appreciation. I would never boo and individual player during a game but I would boo the team at the end of a game if they played sh*te. However, if they played well and got well beaten by a better side I an accept it with good grace and just go home and kick the wife and dog.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)