+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it with our lot

Arrow What is it with our lot

We graft hard and score the games two best classiest goals and then let in three totally preventable goals.

I'll admit that Chelski played very well, but in patches and totally predictable.

We ought to have won that by at least 3-1 but for bad mistakes and some of our players out of position at the wrong times

In the main, we're shit away from home.

We were sh!t

Deserved f**k all and got it.

Chelsea made Dubs works all game, we had 3 shots on target to their 8.

We got beaten by an average team with a very good Palmer

Sorry but two of those goals were the very poor keepers fault

I agree we weren't great and deserved nothing from the game.
    Our goalkeepers positioning for the second goal was Mile's off, he should've saved the first as well for me.
    Biggest miss this season has been Pope.

Forest, just above relegation (17th) have a defence two (2) goals worse than ours.

If my maths is correct, after 28 matches in the league we had conceded 20 goals last season. This year it's 48. Quite an astonishing difference.
    Last edited by OwdBillCook; 12-03-2024 at 07:25 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by OwdBillCook View Post
    If my maths is correct, after 28 matches in the league we had conceded 20 goals last season. This year it's 48. Quite an astonishing difference.
    That's the difference.

What I was trying to get over in the opening post is how many times do you see us score an easy give away goal, rather then the majority of our goals, well earned, well worked, or crackers like Murphy,s volley last night, or clever set pieces, particularly with Tripps invoved.

Yet on the other hand, compared to last season's watertight defence the goals against us are for the most part preventable, some goal keeping errors, defence overstretched and can't get back into position quick enough, pure defensive mistakes and finally not enough cover against the opposition by the midfield to slow them up and give the back four a better chance.

I'm aware the horrendous injuries have taken a toll, and also the team isn't the same without Mighty Big Joe's muscular skills and determination, but taking both of those out, the pattern could still be the same or similar to last season's efforts with only slightly different players.

Any other thoughts or am I just a wishful thinking day dreamer.

It's really highlighting how much we're missing Pope and his sweeper keeper tactics.

We're giving away easy goals and making life really hard for ourselves.

Last night though - we were ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It's really highlighting how much we're missing Pope and his sweeper keeper tactics.

We're giving away easy goals and making life really hard for ourselves.

Last night though - we were ****.

So were Chelski but the luck with their goals gave them the upper hand. We were to blame for every one of their goals whereas we made and earned both of our goals. That's what irks me. it was a game we should have won.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)