+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Jatta be just going to Crawley for the ride?

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    SM has reached the desperate stage he started Chickson on Saturday.
    You’ve got to be a pretty desperate man to start a player of that standard in the EFL.
    We could say that about most of the defenders at the club really

I don't think Chicksen did much wrong at all - he's limited going forward but I'd have thought he's our best option as a LB in a back four.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    I don't think Chicksen did much wrong at all - he's limited going forward but I'd have thought he's our best option as a LB in a back four.
    Chicksen wasn't helped by Jones never looking left and seeing any of his overlaps.

Jones wasn't helped by not being played in his most useful position.

I've seen nothing more than acts of desperation from SM since his arrival (constant formation changes, early subs, rotating player positions).

Unfortunately SM doesn't have the benefit of friendlies to tinker and mess around, he needs to get a game plan sorted and stop this rot.

In regards to Jatta, he has to have a meaningful involvement in matches sooner or later. Hopefully he is match fit
    Last edited by SwalePie; 12-03-2024 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    SM has reached the desperate stage he started Chickson on Saturday.
    You’ve got to be a pretty desperate man to start a player of that standard in the EFL.
    You could try spelling his name correctly, and then checking his career to find that he's spent several seasons with MK Dons in L1, and a couple with Brighton in the Championship. He didn't get much game time at Brighton but he did during loan spells at Gillingham, Fleetwood, and Leyton Orient, all in L1. After becoming a free agent he had transfers to Charlton, Bradford and Bolton, all in L1. It was us that introduced him to the National League! He's a good, solid pro that we should be making more use of. He's had years above our current level, and I'm glad we've got him under contract until the end of next season. SM could do a lot worse than playing him more often. To be fair, I don't think you're alone in thinking that he's a career-long National League player, and that we're wasting time trying him out in the EFL. I wonder what it really is that you don't like about him?

Jatta's just swapped countries, clubs, teams, tactics, formation etc hasn't he? Might be he isn't ready to do the job yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Jatta's just swapped countries, clubs, teams, tactics, formation etc hasn't he? Might be he isn't ready to do the job yet.
    Very true but 1-0 down with 10+extra to go you would have thought SM would have given him some game time if nothing else?

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    Chicksen wasn't helped by Jones never looking left and seeing any of his overlaps.

Jones wasn't helped by not being played in his most useful position.

I've seen nothing more then acts of desperation from SM since his arrival (constant formation changes, early subs, rotating player positions).

Unfortunately SM doesn't have the benefit of friendlies to tinker and mess around, he needs to get a game plan sorted and stop this rot.

In regards to Jatta, he has to have a meaningful involvement in matches sooner or later. Hopefully he is match fit
    I agree, there’s many on here saying Nemane, Warner, Bostock have been poor and when he drops them he’s a tinkerman and desperate???
    Jatta would have been a way off fitness as he hadn’t played for a long time.
    Maccas an interesting one as if you hadn’t seen him before basically you would have been saying he should be dropped. The best he’s played for a long long time was at Newport when SM changed his position.
    The issue we have is a lot of our players are not good enough for the top half of L2. No one also is screaming for a player/players to be played who’s been left out a while and there lies the problem for SM too.

I don't expect Jatta to start any time soon. The limited video evidence I have seen doesn't suggest to me he will fit in with the "football philosophy" at Notts. Maybe if we played one of our wingers on the wing lt might help.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    He scored 11 goals last season so I'd say offers a fair bit going forward. However we've moved away from that high intensity attacking play unfortunately.

I’m definitely got an anti Maynard agenda but I did sort of agree with not bringing Jatta on because in his appearances so far he’s looked about as much use as a concrete trampoline.

Tough time for him to come in and I’m not saying he won’t come good(probably under a different coach) but so far needs more time on the training pitch/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast