+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: DCT against Dundee's new stadium proposals.

DCT against Dundee's new stadium proposals.

DCT i.e. Dundee Civic Trust not D C Thomsons but not much to choose between them in their anti Dundee F C position. Having read the Civic Trust report (rant) my first thought was this group has to be run by a DAB or a group of Dabbie, green leaning nutters. I've honestly never read such a lot of drivel and sanctimonious claptrap in a long time. They are objecting for the sake of objecting and some of their arguments make little sense. E.g. You would think that the new development was to be in addition to keeping Dens rather that substituting one for another. The problems with access, parking etc. would simply be transferred from an urban area to a more suburban rural setting. They go on about increase in emissions, why? Surely the same amount of emissions are better in a more open area where it is more easily dispersed and also the huge number of trees in the area help countermand said pollution. Then they go on about access an area where they are least nonsensical in their argument. The only thing, though, is if their arguments hold water then the various supermarkets and retail parks along the Kingsway should be brought under the same microscope. These establishments are more or less 365 days a year open as opposed to the football side of Campy Nou with a few concerts added coming to around a tenth of that figure I don't see the Crem being a problem with the amount of on street parking and said Crem could alleviate the parking problems that the current Crem has. They go on about queues spilling out into the Kingsway. If that is the case Kingsway Park should be closed down in December when queues regularly spill out. They also go on about football traffic using the existing spaces beside the Ice Arena etc. What, for maybe 20+ days of the year whereas the said Ice Arena and other establishments could likely do the same in the other direction for easily 300+ days a year.

My position regarding moving has always been sort of 'on the fence' heart wanting to stay at Dens, most definitely, but head split between moving and staying and as Dens crumbles further heading towards moving.

Imo this is a vindictive document, gleefully reported by D C Thomson and as I started by saying looking like having been written by DABs and/or the Green nutjob brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    DCT i.e. Dundee Civic Trust not D C Thomsons but not much to choose between them in their anti Dundee F C position. Having read the Civic Trust report (rant) my first thought was this group has to be run by a DAB or a group of Dabbie, green leaning nutters. I've honestly never read such a lot of drivel and sanctimonious claptrap in a long time. They are objecting for the sake of objecting and some of their arguments make little sense. E.g. You would think that the new development was to be in addition to keeping Dens rather that substituting one for another. The problems with access, parking etc. would simply be transferred from an urban area to a more suburban rural setting. They go on about increase in emissions, why? Surely the same amount of emissions are better in a more open area where it is more easily dispersed and also the huge number of trees in the area help countermand said pollution. Then they go on about access an area where they are least nonsensical in their argument. The only thing, though, is if their arguments hold water then the various supermarkets and retail parks along the Kingsway should be brought under the same microscope. These establishments are more or less 365 days a year open as opposed to the football side of Campy Nou with a few concerts added coming to around a tenth of that figure I don't see the Crem being a problem with the amount of on street parking and said Crem could alleviate the parking problems that the current Crem has. They go on about queues spilling out into the Kingsway. If that is the case Kingsway Park should be closed down in December when queues regularly spill out. They also go on about football traffic using the existing spaces beside the Ice Arena etc. What, for maybe 20+ days of the year whereas the said Ice Arena and other establishments could likely do the same in the other direction for easily 300+ days a year.

My position regarding moving has always been sort of 'on the fence' heart wanting to stay at Dens, most definitely, but head split between moving and staying and as Dens crumbles further heading towards moving.

Imo this is a vindictive document, gleefully reported by D C Thomson and as I started by saying looking like having been written by DABs and/or the Green nutjob brigade.
    Don't expect anything less from DCT,......LGBT comic.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)