+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The villa

The villa

What a shower of shyte there scouting system must be .just read .another baggie kid gone.

All the ex-Albion guy is doing is poaching the kids he already knows from his time with us. Tosser.

Well making it more attractive to stay at The Albion has to be a top priority for the new owner. Our academy has produced some good kids but we need to be able to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
    All the ex-Albion guy is doing is poaching the kids he already knows from his time with us. Tosser.
    It’s also partly our fault, we don’t give enough of them a try at first team level, even when we’re really cr ap.

There has been times when Cleary could’ve been given a run of games to try him out for example.

We’ve p I s s e d off so many of our talented youngsters over many years now, look at the way players like Adam Oliver, Sam Mantom, George Thorne, Sam Field, Jonathan Leko were treated by idiot managers.

A friend of mine is very good friends with Sam Field’s dad and has known Sam since he was a kid, he told me years ago that Pulis was constantly raving to Dam’s dad about how good the lad was and he barely played him.

I don’t blame any kid for taking an opportunity offered by us and then jumping ship to a Premier League club.

We didn’t do enough of the reverse when we were top dogs and the other local sides were struggling.

We are our own worst enemies with the kids we produce, you can name the success stories from our youth on two hands going back 50 years.

Statham

Robson

Martyn Bennett

Trewick

Burrows

Carlton Palmer

Gary Robson

Fellows

No doubt I’ve missed a couple from the past 30 years but not many, we’ve been f kn abject with our own kids, and then you look at the lines of Southampton and others who’ve produced boatloads and profited from them.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s also partly our fault, we don’t give enough of them a try at first team level, even when we’re really cr ap.

There has been times when Cleary could’ve been given a run of games to try him out for example.

We’ve p I s s e d off so many of our talented youngsters over many years now, look at the way players like Adam Oliver, Sam Mantom, George Thorne, Sam Field, Jonathan Leko were treated by idiot managers.

A friend of mine is very good friends with Sam Field’s dad and has known Sam since he was a kid, he told me years ago that Pulis was constantly raving to Dam’s dad about how good the lad was and he barely played him.

I don’t blame any kid for taking an opportunity offered by us and then jumping ship to a Premier League club.

We didn’t do enough of the reverse when we were top dogs and the other local sides were struggling.

We are our own worst enemies with the kids we produce, you can name the success stories from our youth on two hands going back 50 years.

Statham

Robson

Martyn Bennett

Trewick

Burrows

Carlton Palmer

Gary Robson

Fellows

No doubt I’ve missed a couple from the past 30 years but not many, we’ve been f kn abject with our own kids, and then you look at the lines of Southampton and others who’ve produced boatloads and profited from them.
    I think you’ve just highlighted a problem. Over the years we haven’t produced many stand out players. Fellows looks like one, but you have to wait a long time to find a gem among the also rans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Well making it more attractive to stay at The Albion has to be a top priority for the new owner. Our academy has produced some good kids but we need to be able to keep them.
    don’t disagree with any of the replies.just saying how shyte the villa scouting system must be.

Louie Barry is on loan at Stockport , Tom Fellows who is the same age is now an established Championship player .

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Louie Barry is on loan at Stockport , Tom Fellows who is the same age is now an established Championship player .
    Louie Barry will be turning out for Kiddie Harriers or lower within three years.

If I was at any club recruiting I’d be far more impressed with the likes of Fellows who stay put and prove themselves at Championship level rather than youngsters willing to bail out at the first opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Louie Barry will be turning out for Kiddie Harriers or lower within three years.

If I was at any club recruiting I’d be far more impressed with the likes of Fellows who stay put and prove themselves at Championship level rather than youngsters willing to bail out at the first opportunity.
    Hi, Morgan Rodgers done right by us ,he signed a contract which enabled us to get a big fee from Man City have heard he from a family of Albion season ticket holders .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)