+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Dianne Abbott and the media

Just read an article that Diane Abbot has not been allowed to rejoin the Labour whip because she refused to attend an anti Semitism course !
    A City Councillor however has been readmitted to the Labour group despite being excluded on three previous occasions 😅
    Kelsdyke and OP67 seem to be quite correct .

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The big deal is that we don't pay for the life of luxury actors and models lead, they pay for themselves through what they earn. However, we are forced to pay for the life of luxury the Royal Family lead. If, (and I do say if) there was any fakery of photos we are being treated like mugs.
    Exactly in what way did you feel as if you were being treated as a mug?

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    Just read an article that Diane Abbot has not been allowed to rejoin the Labour whip because she refused to attend an anti Semitism course !
    A City Councillor however has been readmitted to the Labour group despite being excluded on three previous occasions ��
    Kelsdyke and OP67 seem to be quite correct .
    The thing gets my back up is PM's claiming silly amounts of "expenses" Back in 2015 Ms Abbott claimed over £600.000 yes over £600.000 in expenses and she's not even in the party running the country!!! Her and another Labour MP claimed over £1.2m for a years expenses that year!!!!

And she wonders why people dislike her so much, it's not her colour people dislike it's her. It would make no difference if she was black, white, blue or purple I'd dislike her just as much!

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    The thing gets my back up is PM's claiming silly amounts of "expenses" Back in 2015 Ms Abbott claimed over £600.000 yes over £600.000 in expenses and she's not even in the party running the country!!! Her and another Labour MP claimed over £1.2m for a years expenses that year!!!!

And she wonders why people dislike her so much, it's not her colour people dislike it's her. It would make no difference if she was black, white, blue or purple I'd dislike her just as much!
    Or Conservative or Labour etc

What is all this crap about the photo? Everyone plays with photoshop, perhaps they were asked for a photo and she/they thought that one was nice?
    People are snowflaking and crying that it is a diversion? A diversion from what? Gaza? Her health? What??? It's a friggin photo!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Exactly in what way did you feel as if you were being treated as a mug?
    I said IF the Royal Family are publishing fake pics they are basically lying to the public.

If they're not, it's a non-story.

I said IF the Royal Family are publishing fake pics they are basically lying to the public.

It really is nothing at all to get worked up about, it was a photo for Mother’s Day, as a mother she wanted a photo that did the family justice that’s all, end of, it’s just being used with those agendas to try and score points.

To be honest it's a non-story anyway. Whilst you are technically correct the term lying is a little ott, afterall how many photo's of other people are altered or enhanced, whether on social media websites or in the media spotlight. I would guess that it is most of them nowadays but no one calls them out for "lying".

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post

If it’s not to do with her colour in this particular instance why did the NHS contractor and massive Tory donor say she ‘made him hate all black women’ ?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    What is all this crap about the photo? Everyone plays with photoshop, perhaps they were asked for a photo and she/they thought that one was nice?
    People are snowflaking and crying that it is a diversion? A diversion from what? Gaza? Her health? What??? It's a friggin photo!
    For those who aren't interested in the Royals, do not read any further, for those who are curious about the rumours....

I think the issue with the photo is that it's more than been touched up, there's apparently evidence to suggest she wasn't in the original photo at all and they've refused to release the original, which some see as further proof that she's a lot more unwell than the palace are letting on (Spanish media reported she was in a coma after complications with the operation) or that William and Kate have split and are about to divorce (she has no wedding ring on in the photo), some are linking the recent suicide of Thomas Kingston into the equation (he once dated Kate's sister) and also some woman called Rose (I forget her last name) and that William is having an affair with her, or that he fathered her daughter. Probably a load of nonsense but if she doesn't show up in the next few months perhaps we should be prepared for a scandal of Edward VIII proportions. I don't think he can divorce after he becomes king?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast