+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Crawley 12.03.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Yeah, it wasn't the main point I was trying to make anyway. I'm in the SM out camp. I've already said I would judge him after 10 games and thats now... and it's not good enough....and it won't be good enough next season either.

My main point is that unless the Bros. have a plan up their sleeve, I feel like we are owed an explanation. Again, how does a team go from hero to zero THAT quickly? Regardless of losing Luke.....we need an explanation. Maybe the players should start taking some responsibility instead of cupping their ears and telling us "not to boo". Something is a miss and it has been for a while.

Jason Turner was obviously a massive loss and so was Luke (in a different way) but surely, it can't just be that? Had the players really already chucked out their dummies by then?
    As much as it’s started to look like the end of the road for Maynard I agree 100% the players need to take responsibility.
    I’ve heard posts saying their not playing for him, how about actually playing for us and our great club, IF that’s some of their attitudes then they need to be shown the door too at the end of the season, I really hope it’s not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I really can't see that happening but I suppose it's not inconceivable that we go into the Colchester game 8 points ahead of them with 9 points still to play for if they end up having to reschedule a game for the last Tuesday of the season, which would be squeaky bum time. Apparently their pitch is in a very bad state, they've put up an article today explaining why they've had so many PPd, including tonight.
    Isn’t there pitch irrelevant to us as we play them at home?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I really can't see that happening but I suppose it's not inconceivable that we go into the Colchester game 8 points ahead of them with 9 points still to play for if they end up having to reschedule a game for the last Tuesday of the season, which would be squeaky bum time. Apparently their pitch is in a very bad state, they've put up an article today explaining why they've had so many PPd, including tonight.
    Can anybody honestly see where we are going to pick up points?

They just keep on finding ways to lose. We are superb at losing. Pens, OGs, individual errors, hopeless set-piece defending, red cards, etc. Substituting off our best players - neat idea!

There was a chance tonight to get something - albeit undeserved - and inevitably Notts caved-in.

its time to get that football genius Sol Campbell in please !!

out of interest, was the Langstaff goal actually offside ? or a pi55 poor decision ..!?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Isn’t there pitch irrelevant to us as we play them at home?
    I'm saying it could become relevant if Colchester had to reschedule a home game for the Tuesday after they play us on the penultimate Saturday.
    As the fixture list currently stands, with 6 left points to play for when they come to Meadow Lane, they probably wouldn't be able to catch us by the time they visit, but with 9 to play for we might still not be mathematically safe, which could make for a very nervous few days with that game turning into a 6 pointer.
    I'm now assuming it will be Colchester and not FGR in that 23rd place, with Sutton dead and buried well before then.

I remember that 3-1 loss to Rhyl very well and it was even worse as it was played at Meadow Lane......
    Last edited by downunderpie; 13-03-2024 at 10:50 AM. Reason: reply to upthemaggies.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    As much as it’s started to look like the end of the road for Maynard I agree 100% the players need to take responsibility.
    I’ve heard posts saying their not playing for him, how about actually playing for us and our great club, IF that’s some of their attitudes then they need to be shown the door too at the end of the season, I really hope it’s not the case.
    This talk has crept into football fans chat for far too long now “Not playing for the manager”…..you can perhaps make a case for multi millionaire footballers or the odd one but to be a pro footy player most will not down tools im sorry it’s BS.

If a manager /coach doesn’t rate or pick you the odd one may have the hump but at our level players just cannot afford to say they can’t be arsed they do not have the financial security to do that.

Football is more data driven now there is no hiding place so stats will show if players are slacking off ALL clubs can see this data.

I would say it’s a combination of players out of form, no squad depth to change things and coach instructions not working or not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    This talk has crept into football fans chat for far too long now “Not playing for the manager”…..you can perhaps make a case for multi millionaire footballers or the odd one but to be a pro footy player most will not down tools im sorry it’s BS.

If a manager /coach doesn’t rate or pick you the odd one may have the hump but at our level players just cannot afford to say they can’t be arsed they do not have the financial security to do that.

Football is more data driven now there is no hiding place so stats will show if players are slacking off ALL clubs can see this data.

I would say it’s a combination of players out of form, no squad depth to change things and coach instructions not working or not good enough.
    I agree, any footballer with any sense of pride doesn’t let their levels drop.
    The only issue is you can get players sowing the seed and that’s when you need senior pros to get a grip of the dressing room and I would hope the likes of JOB are doing that.
    Maynard in my view isn’t a total clueless idiot, he’s a decent guy so if some players are kicking off it’s more on them. As I’ve said on another post, owners need to know what’s happening on the ground, it’s not good for owners to listen to players usually but a couple of trusted ones like JOB probably is a good idea at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

I didn’t see last night’s game, but I don’t think any of the players on the pitch have ‘downed tools’ or aren’t playing for the coach(can’t speak about the players that have inexplicably disappeared). What I have seen since Maynard took charge is that any sense of coherence, planning or strategy has gone, which can often make it look like they aren’t too bothered.

As people have said before, the most important thing a successful coach can do is make it 100% certain that every player absolutely knows their role within the team, and that’s what Maynard has fundamentally failed to do.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast