+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Crawley 12.03.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Well it's comforting to know we have settled back into the Notts I love and know well! Losers! It's depressing , all that good will, huge potential crowds, feel good factor gone up in smoke
    This.
    The biggest problem with the success last year is the simple fact that it lulls you into slightly forgetting all the years before that. It took away the slightly numb feeling that came with being a long term Notts fan.

The owners came in at a ***** time and literally put the club back together, but now we wait with bated breath for them to pull the trigger and admit their mistakes.

In fact, the only real difference now between many, many years of poor rubbish at Notts and the current terrible run is the fact the dodgy firestick provides me with actual ‘vision’ of the game for away games.
    Uncle Colin always had a way of letting you ‘get’ through a game in our majority bad periods without the need to throw yourself off Trent Bridge.
    Now…for games such as tonight…viewing it only makes it worse.

And total respect for those poor fans who travelled all the way to watch that. Credit to you!

Some strong feeling on here tonight which our owners should take notice of and consider their next play.

Nothing like points on the board and we ain’t got enough

I'll try this again, laptop miss-read the Crawley Notts game as PPd

Nobody currently won more than 2 on the bounce

CURRENT L2 SEQUENCES
    The Good
    Unbeaten in the last 5 : Grimsby Town
    Not conceded in the last 4 : Wimbledon
    Scored in all of the last 12 : Mansfield T.

The Bad
    Without a win in the last 7 : Harrogate T.
    Lost the last 5 : Notts County
    Conceded in all of the last 15 : Sutton Utd

Maynard now on 0.44 PPG with a 78% loss rate

Max_ PPG _ Projected

16. Notts County - 77 __ 1.31 __ 60
    17. Tranmere Rov - 71 __ 1.24 __ 57
    18. Doncaster Rov - 73 __ 1.19 __ 55
    19. Swindon Town - 68 __ 1.16 __ 53
    20. Salford City - 67 __ 1.08 __ 50
    21. Grimsby Town - 68 __ 1.06 __ 49
    22. Colchester U. - 65 __ 0.91 __ 42
    23. Forest Green - 60 __ 0.89 __ 41
    24. Sutton Utd - 51 __ 0.71 __ 33

So we still look safe even with no further points, but surely we will get some, somewhere, someday.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    CURRENT L2 SEQUENCES

Nobody on a winning sequence of more than 2.

The Good
    Unbeaten in the last 5 : Grimsby Town
    Not conceded in the last 4 : Wimbledon
    Scored in all of the last 12 : Mansfield T.

The Bad
    Without a win in the last 7 : Harrogate T.
    Lost the last 4 : Notts County
    Conceded in all of the last 15 : Sutton Utd

Maynard's PPG down to 0.44 with a 78% loss rate but we still don't look in danger of going down based on projected points for the bottom sides.

Max pts_ PPG _ Projected
    15. Notts County - 80 __ 1.34 __ 62
    16. Accrington S. - 76 __ 1.32 __ 61
    17. Tranmere Rov - 71 __ 1.24 __ 57
    18. Doncaster Rov - 73 __ 1.19 __ 55
    19. Swindon Town - 68 __ 1.16 __ 53
    20. Salford City - 67 __ 1.08 __ 50
    21. Grimsby Town - 68 __ 1.06 __ 49
    22. Colchester U. - 65 __ 0.91 __ 42
    23. Forest Green - 60 __ 0.89 __ 41
    24. Sutton Utd - 51 __ 0.71 __ 33
    What would those projections look like basing them on current form and not the season as a whole? FGR have got 10 points out the last 5, which is a far better PPG than the table shows. We have 0 from 5 and I don't see SM getting another point at this rate. I think we're safe but not as safe as that table suggests.

Listened on the Radio and the impression was a competitive performance with a degree of effort. Stall said it was a decent performance but the Sending Off was a crucial factor.
    The match stats don't lie and but for Slocombe it could have been 6 or 7. The fact is that Crawley were obviously the better side amassing 31 shots at goal.
    I was expecting JOB to be brought off at 70 minutes but the sending off meant he had to battle on.
    Unbelievable substitutions once again and any likelihood of winning the game went when BOTH JJ & DC were both withdrawn.
    Scott Lindsay is a good manager and Crawley play in a similar style to what Notts were like under Williams.
    Steve Cotterell shows how it should be done at FGR and I sincerely pray that we're not in the last game scenario like Swindon ! !
    Whether Maynard goes now or the end of the season we need someone else on the rudder be it JOB or some other short term mentor !!

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    Listened on the Radio and the impression was a competitive performance with a degree of effort. Stall said it was a decent performance but the Sending Off was a crucial factor.
    The match stats don't lie and but for Slocombe it could have been 6 or 7. The fact is that Crawley were obviously the better side amassing 31 shots at goal.
    I was expecting JOB to be brought off at 70 minutes but the sending off meant he had to battle on.
    Unbelievable substitutions once again and any likelihood of winning the game went when BOTH JJ & DC were both withdrawn.
    Scott Lindsay is a good manager and Crawley play in a similar style to what Notts were like under Williams.
    Steve Cotterell shows how it should be done at FGR and I sincerely pray that we're not in the last game scenario like Swindon ! !
    Whether Maynard goes now or the end of the season we need someone else on the rudder be it JOB or some other short term mentor !!
    Tbf mate Crawley were poor god now’s how there 5th some players couldn’t pass a 10 years ball.
    Just shows how fuxking poor we have became

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    What would those projections look like basing them on current form and not the season as a whole? FGR have got 10 points out the last 5, which is a far better PPG than the table shows. We have 0 from 5 and I don't see SM getting another point at this rate. I think we're safe but not as safe as that table suggests.
    FGR are motoring now but Sutton will probably be no longer able to catch us within the next 2/3 games played.
    Colchester have only won one game since 22nd December and there's plenty of other clubs between us and the bottom two.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Well on this form you can only see 6 pts coming in (Salford & Colchester) and knowing us we will screw those up. Going to be a nail biter. But get JOB in, JB back onside and Didzy fit and we just might do it.
    I wouldn't count on anything. We are UK (utter krap).

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast