+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Of all the current clubs in League 1, which ground haven't you visited?

Only done 14, and some clubs twice if you count old grounds.

On that list I've got 6 to do, although I haven't seen the Millers at Portsmouth, bizarrely my trip there was with a Wednesday fan to see the Owls (they lost 2-0 so not a wasted day )

The ones I haven't been to are Stevenage, Wycombe,Burton, Fleetwood and the new grounds of Oxford and Shrewsbury.

I had to check Bristol Rovers and it looks like it was at the current ground I saw us play them. I never went to their old ground Eastville.

Similarly I never saw us at the old ground of Northampton (although often saw it from the M1 on some awaydays).

All the others who have changed grounds over the years I've seen us at both, apart from Charlton's ground sharing, although, I don't know if we did play them during that period.

Plenty to go at there.

Of the Championship that we'll be leaving behind, I completed it last season. but hadn't done 2 of the relegated teams, Leicester and Southampton, unfortunately due to work and cost respectively, I didn't manage them and not sure when I'll get another crack at them if they both go straight back up.

I'll merge my post with the thread about potential awaydays.

Out of scum's list on that, the one I'm hoping for most, is Stockport, mainly for it's close proximity to me. My nearest league ground only 12 miles away, so shouldn't be a problem even if I was working on a Saturday, which is usual.

I must say you have impressive eyesight Magyar if you could see Northampton's old County Ground from the M1.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I must say you have impressive eyesight Magyar if you could see Northampton's old County Ground from the M1.
    I was sure you could see it's floodlights from the motorway, very possibly wrong.
    I'm getting on a bit now so my memory isn't what it was.
    Although compared to the general demographic on here, I'm quite youthful

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    I was sure you could see it's floodlights from the motorway, very possibly wrong.
    I'm getting on a bit now so my memory isn't what it was.
    Although compared to the general demographic on here, I'm quite youthful
    They've been at Sixfields since 1994 so it depends how 'youthful' you are That stadium is much closer to the M1 than the old one.

They've been at Sixfields since 1994 so it depends how 'youthful' you are That stadium is much closer to the M1 than the old one.
    I am going back a bit, it's quite a long time since I went to sixfields, or even did awaydays on coaches down the M1 for that matter.
    In my mind it was the old one, but could be just mixing them up.
    That's more than possible

Went to the County ground to watch Yorkshire play cricket, not been for football.Only two grounds did football & cricket,Sheff Utd & Northampton.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Went to the County ground to watch Yorkshire play cricket, not been for football.Only two grounds did football & cricket,Sheff Utd & Northampton.
    Been to both. I've seen cricket but not football played at Bramall Lane and football but not cricket played at The County Ground

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12