+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay or go?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    GO!

I can’t and won’t make an argument for him to stay. He is quite simply out of his depth.
    I agree 100%

Can’t see a new manager having an impact with so few games to go but need a new manager in summer I’d say. What alarms me is the chopping around and changing formations/tactics all the time? That in itself is unsettling for the players, surely

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    GO - It's quite obvious he's out of his depth, his obsession with going on about hotel stays in interviews show that he's just not ready to take that step up. We were doing that in non league as well, it astounds me that we even went for him in the first place, there was nothing about him that said he was capable of such a jump never mind having earned the opportunity with his track record.

It's clear the players are either confused by his constant change of tactics or just don't like him and aren't playing for him. I'd like to think we've already lined up a replacement but this year has really shaken my confidence in the decision making on the football side of the club
    Yes it’s a worry. Common sense said that this was going to end in tears - we shipped 31 shots on goal last night so the defensive frailty is worse!
    SM is a genuine, nice bloke but that gets you nowhere in the EFL - ad I said in other chats, JOB will galvanise the squad, provide some consistency and most of all he has respect.
    Action is needed now in a last ditch attempt to keep the quality players we do have and protect the season ticket renewals. It’s a no brainer.
    Only other option is Warnock for 10 games to inject some steel, urgency and humour!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's clear the players are either confused by his constant change of tactics or just don't like him and aren't playing for him. I'd like to think we've already lined up a replacement but this year has really shaken my confidence in the decision making on the football side of the club
    Me too. About six months ago, I thought we had the smartest owners in the lower leagues. We'd picked up some absolute gems and had a top coach leading us forward, playing exciting football. Fast forward to today, and I'm left wondering what the hell is going on. First of all, our inability or unwillingness to fix the defensive issues over two transfer windows. Second, the appointment of a part-time coach to replace Williams. Makes me wonder what's to come. I have no idea now if we're on an upward trajectory over the next few years or falling apart again.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMagpie60 View Post
    Yes it’s a worry. Common sense said that this was going to end in tears - we shipped 31 shots on goal last night so the defensive frailty is worse!
    SM is a genuine, nice bloke but that gets you nowhere in the EFL - ad I said in other chats, JOB will galvanise the squad, provide some consistency and most of all he has respect.
    Action is needed now in a last ditch attempt to keep the quality players we do have and protect the season ticket renewals. It’s a no brainer.
    Only other option is Warnock for 10 games to inject some steel, urgency and humour!!!!
    Maynard does seem like a nice bloke, and I'd love for it to work out for him. I genuinely feel sorry for him. But being nice isn't enough. I'd imagine Clough isn't particularly nice at times, but he gets the job done.

Go please.

Go.
    A totally ridiculous appointment for the position we were in. I don’t think he will though, games coming thick and fast I can see him still being here in 7 days regardless of results. If this was an appointment made during an off season we would be bottom ten games into the season and it wouldn’t be in doubt that he would be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMagpie60 View Post
    V pleased we stayed on after Aberdeen’s game on Saturday to give Neil a cheer as he walked slowly around the pitch. I expected him to go if they lost v Killie, not if they won. Bamboozled when we learnt he was stepping down as we drove away from the ground. Unfortunately, I suspect Neil hadn’t appreciated the size of the task at Aberdeen, nor the hostility of some sections of the media and fan base towards his appointment. Things only got worse with the Dons’ poor league performances and, after conceding 2 goals in injury time v St Mirren to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, I think Warnock sitting alone in his hotel room after returning from that game must have decided what is the point.

I sincerely doubt the brothers would ever contemplate appointing Neil as interim manager as it doesn’t seem to suit their principles. However, after such a bleak experience in Aberdeen, I suspect that Neil would not take on such a role again.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If he makes it to the end of the season, you can bet people will start saying that he needs to be given a chance with "his own squad" when we re-build in the summer. Of course, it won't be his own squad, the players will be picked for him.
    They have already said it ..

https://therealefl.co.uk/2024/03/11/...ounty-opinion/

A bit of patience is required as well. Granted the East Midlands club are out of form, but all good sides need to build something and Stuart Maynard is not Luke Williams. He will want his own players and style of play.

Why are there so many self-styled experts out there writing about Notts County these days? It's almost like there are university courses in the subject. Much of this noise was around just before we appointed Maynard. Why are outsiders so invested in him?

Look, just fk off.
    I don't feel sorry for him, its bad enough every Saturday and Tuesday night feeling sorry for myself.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast