+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay or go?

Stay or go?

With 10 games to go and with Notts seemingly in freefall - does Stuart Maynard stay or go?

Answers below please.

Definitely GO

GO!

I can’t and won’t make an argument for him to stay. He is quite simply out of his depth.

Needs to go.

Jim O'Brien to run the team for the rest of the season giving good time to find a proper replacement.

Go. Wtf was anybody in their right minds thinking when appointing a part time coach to a club that was full time professionals, in the top 7? A cheap option. Feel sorry for the bloke as Notts chased him rather than applying. Get rid of RM whilst at it

It's becoming clear that he's not the man to take us forward, but for those saying go right now, who would you replace him with at this stage of the season? Bear in mind the next appointment is absolutely massive for the club.

All I can think of is JOB until the summer, but will that be any better? No idea. Probably can't be any worse though.

If he makes it to the end of the season, you can bet people will start saying that he needs to be given a chance with "his own squad" when we re-build in the summer. Of course, it won't be his own squad, the players will be picked for him.

He's like a bad comedian now who's died on his @r$e, there will still be some pockets of the audience who will laugh but the moment he tells another joke that doesn't land the groans and calls for him to "get off" will grow louder.

It seems inevitable now that his time will end in tears and failure, even if he manages a decent run in the meantime.

He needs to go now or he's going to have a negative impact on 2024/25.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's becoming clear that he's not the man to take us forward, but for those saying go right now, who would you replace him with at this stage of the season? Bear in mind the next appointment is absolutely massive for the club.

All I can think of is JOB until the summer, but will that be any better? No idea. Probably can't be any worse though.
    Said before put JoB back in temporary charge. He knows the players, style they are used to. Can't be any worse.

GO - It's quite obvious he's out of his depth, his obsession with going on about hotel stays in interviews show that he's just not ready to take that step up. We were doing that in non league as well, it astounds me that we even went for him in the first place, there was nothing about him that said he was capable of such a jump never mind having earned the opportunity with his track record.

It's clear the players are either confused by his constant change of tactics or just don't like him and aren't playing for him. I'd like to think we've already lined up a replacement but this year has really shaken my confidence in the decision making on the football side of the club

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yes, that. But I still think we need someone who knows the game who can look at the squad and advise on changes that are required rather than having Richard Montague playing fantasy football with it.

Tbh, it's hard to see where we go from here. Previously we all had faith in the owners and now that has become much harder. Do they know what they're doing? They need to be big enough to take advice from someone who does.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast