+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay or go?

Given SM has only had 9 games and the arguments that the slide had started and the players available haven’t helped, would be equally valid, why would / should the new guy be given longer (apart from they wouldn’t be SM of course).

I’m not being serious, but that’s one reason I don’t think we will see a change until the end of the season… unless there are other issues going on between SM and the players.

Wonder what effect this will have on season ticket sales? Back to core support unless there are changes made?

Quote Originally Posted by Piebald View Post
    Well who would have predicted the euphoria of the play off final to the current nightmare.

The recruitment process, current head coach/ management team and th.e owners are ALL culpable and out of their depth.

The inability to address our problems defending bodes ill for 2024/5.

Against all this, the recent purchase of Latta beggars belief.

The turnaround at FGR, inspired by Cotterell shows that solutions are out there. We need to kick start ours as soon as possible

Leadership from our owners please
    I would go and support FGR then if I were you

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I would go and support FGR then if I were you
    That shows how far we have sunk. I remember when it was 'feck off to Chelsea then'

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Wonder what effect this will have on season ticket sales? Back to core support unless there are changes made?
    It will have the attendance id imagine. A lot of people got swept up after the play off win, can't see them returning. Under Williams we may not have been in great form but we was exciting going forward, now we're just utter fodder

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    That shows how far we have sunk. I remember when it was 'feck off to Chelsea then'
    Next season we may be saying ‘Feck off to Wealdstone then!’

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's becoming clear that he's not the man to take us forward, but for those saying go right now, who would you replace him with at this stage of the season? Bear in mind the next appointment is absolutely massive for the club.

All I can think of is JOB until the summer, but will that be any better? No idea. Probably can't be any worse though.
    I’ve wondered whether a duo with John Bostock might work?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Cotterill at FGR, Adkins at Tranmere. There are old-school managers out there who can come in and make a difference. But how does that fit in with our current 'philosophy' and setup? I love that the head coach approach provides continuation and consistency, but if it's not working, what then?

I'd love to see us be ambitious and approach an up-and-coming manager like Pete Wild. His teams are everything we aren't - organised, hard-working, hard to beat. I'd be genuinely optimistic about next season with an appointment like that. But I fear our setup only allows for relatively unknown but 'talented' coaches who are happy to fit the mould and work within the existing structure.
    And budget.

The biggest problem for the owners is they been pushing the 'self sustainable' narrative for a while. I'd say at least 60% of the fan base want him gone. If he doesn't go i genuinely believe we will lose 3-4k fans next season. I'd be shocked if Macca, Crowley and Jodi were here by mid July let alone the start of next season. This is the clubs most important summer in our history imo. Get it wrong and we will be back in the NL within 18 months. If we go down i think the owners will walk, and we could be looking at another Bury/S****horpe

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Is that and actual fact or just a rumour Durham?
    I think you will find Swale that if it ever gets into the public domain, that it was a bit more than just an argument....

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast