+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A hopeful, positive perspective on the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    Am I missing something here or have we never played league football before this season. If we as a professional football team don’t know what’s needed at this level by now we are doomed.
    Yes I think you are missing something, your marbles, you posted the same thing earlier today, wasting my time reading the post twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Togtastic View Post
    I seriously doubt that this Recruitment team will find the type of player we need, Blood, guts, a big mouth and a big pair of B******s aren't recorded on the data stats.
    Even if they did now identify players that would make all of the difference, the chances that they would want to join Notts will be diminished by this alarming slump and working for somebody who was a part time manager of a bottom half NL club as recently as January. Other L2 clubs will appear to offer better prospects for success should any rivals be interested in signing them.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Even if they did now identify players that would make all of the difference, the chances that they would want to join Notts will be diminished by this alarming slump and working for somebody who was a part time manager of a bottom half NL club as recently as January. Other L2 clubs will appear to offer better prospects for success should any rivals be interested in signing them.
    You could well be right. We offer such poor prospects it’s hard to see why they would come to us over say Barrow or Crawley. We could be in for a long stint in L2, assuming we don’t get relegated of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Have a few glasses of a nice irish whiskey - I promise that things won’t seem as bad
    After this weekend I'll probably need the entire bottle ha ha 😂

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    After this weekend I'll probably need the entire bottle ha ha 😂
    Paddy's...!?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Paddy's...!?
    Doesn't have to be a special occasion to drink a bit of Jameson 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Togtastic View Post
    The problem is the 'Recruitment team' didn't address the apparent and fundamental issues give two opportunities, Pre-season and in January. We've seen Tipton & Warner, neither of them should have been anywhere near our starting eleven. We needed real pro's to lead the fight and drag Brindley/Cameron & Baldwin with them, instead we got mice. I seriously doubt that this Recruitment team will find the type of player we need, Blood, guts, a big mouth and a big pair of B******s aren't recorded on the data stats.
    Not trying tp p..s anybody off- we deserved to go up having gained 107 oints in the NL, and any other division we would have been automatically promoted
    But the 2 play off matches we struggled to get through and in the end it came to a coin toss of a penelty shoot out. These 2 games showed what was to come in L2, again we let in 2 goals against Boreham wood and conceded 2 against Chesterfield ,
    The only reason we were promoted is down to the better players mainly Langstaff and Scots 60 goals, wiyhout them we prob finished 5th again - and also jones and Baldwin
    Same this season the only reason we did well early was down to the better players, but our defense quite frankly is a joke, can we go hardly any game without letting in 2 or more goals
    This must be addressed- i think we will drop lower this season, but just about be ok, next season is atotally different story, with a very poior defense, some of our best players leaving, and a head coach with limited experience we will be in real trouble- with relegation a distinct possibility- you just cant buy cheap players and coaches and get away with it in L2

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    You could well be right. We offer such poor prospects it’s hard to see why they would come to us over say Barrow or Crawley. We could be in for a long stint in L2, assuming we don’t get relegated of course.
    I couldn’t agree less, we’re in a run of terrible form in a season.
    We have a massive stadium, great pitch, steeped in history, play good football, stable, great city, already attracted well known players and also recently known as being extremely successful.
    Any footballer looking in over the summer when hopefully we have a reset would be chomping at the bit to come to Notts over most L2 sides.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-03-2024 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I couldn’t agree less, we’re in a run of terrible form in a season.
    We have a massive stadium, great pitch, stooped in history, play good football, stable, great city, already attracted well known players and also recently known as being extremely successful.
    Any footballer looking in over the summer when hopefully we have a reset would be chomping at the bit to come to Notts over most L2 sides.
    Given distance not a big issue would you choose Chesterfield or Notts? They seem to splash it about. We have to get rid of a number of crap players on 2 year deals. Seems we bin dun agen!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Given distance not a big issue would you choose Chesterfield or Notts? They seem to splash it about. We have to get rid of a number of crap players on 2 year deals. Seems we bin dun agen!
    I believe they will be under the leagues financial restraints next season

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast