+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A hopeful, positive perspective on the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Ironically I originally thought it was probably best we didn't go up as we haven't the squad for it but now I'm thinking its worse if we don't.
    If we went up I'm pretty sure we could keep Lanstaff, Jones, Crowley and personally I would want Baldwin in the side. If we stay in L2 their probably going to leave and leave us with quite a lot players certainly not good enough for the top half of L2 at best.
    Well, we have an additional 8 weeks or so to plan for next season in L2. We may lose a few more if we get relegated too.

Am I missing something here or have we never played league football before this season. If we as a professional football team don’t know what’s needed at this level by now we are doomed.

What worries me is the fact on Saturday we play a team also in horrible shape in the form of Accrington and we all know how it will end...handy 3 points for Stanley, post match interview the same dross week in week out, player trying their best bla bls bla. I hope I'm wrong but can't see us picking up a single point come the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Well, we have an additional 8 weeks or so to plan for next season in L2. We may lose a few more if we get relegated too.
    We aren’t getting relegated as unfortunately for the teams at the bottom they can’t play us every week.

We are not going to lose 14-15 games on the trot just won’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    What worries me is the fact on Saturday we play a team also in horrible shape in the form of Accrington and we all know how it will end...handy 3 points for Stanley, post match interview the same dross week in week out, player trying their best bla bls bla. I hope I'm wrong but can't see us picking up a single point come the end of the season
    Have a few glasses of a nice irish whiskey - I promise that things won’t seem as bad

I think when we have played and lost our next five games, we will definitely be in squeaky arse mode.

Great points.

I expected us to make the playoffs this year but not go up. IIRC I think I said the only unacceptable result would be a relegation battle, and on our current form we might find ourselves in one, and that's just absolutely shocking. It's shocking it's even a possibility we're considering even if it is still unlikely.

I am certain the recruitment team is all over the issues now and looking at options already.

Hopefully a new head coach is on their list. In the owners' position I would be doing that right now. Maybe SM turns it around in our next few games, but I don't think we've seen much sign of that yet.

We need 2 results to be absolutely sure, and we'd get those once we act. I may have been the first on here a few weeks back to say that we'll lose every single game until we do.

On current form (last 6) it's 22nd (Accy) v 23rd (Notts) on Saturday.
    Sutton aside, this has to be the most winnable fixture Maynard has had so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Great points.

I expected us to make the playoffs this year but not go up. IIRC I think I said the only unacceptable result would be a relegation battle, and on our current form we might find ourselves in one, and that's just absolutely shocking. It's shocking it's even a possibility we're considering even if it is still unlikely.

I am certain the recruitment team is all over the issues now and looking at options already.

Hopefully a new head coach is on their list. In the owners' position I would be doing that right now. Maybe SM turns it around in our next few games, but I don't think we've seen much sign of that yet.
    The problem is the 'Recruitment team' didn't address the apparent and fundamental issues give two opportunities, Pre-season and in January. We've seen Tipton & Warner, neither of them should have been anywhere near our starting eleven. We needed real pro's to lead the fight and drag Brindley/Cameron & Baldwin with them, instead we got mice. I seriously doubt that this Recruitment team will find the type of player we need, Blood, guts, a big mouth and a big pair of B******s aren't recorded on the data stats.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast