+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A hopeful, positive perspective on the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Togtastic View Post
    The problem is the 'Recruitment team' didn't address the apparent and fundamental issues give two opportunities, Pre-season and in January. We've seen Tipton & Warner, neither of them should have been anywhere near our starting eleven. We needed real pro's to lead the fight and drag Brindley/Cameron & Baldwin with them, instead we got mice. I seriously doubt that this Recruitment team will find the type of player we need, Blood, guts, a big mouth and a big pair of B******s aren't recorded on the data stats.
    I agree; that is the problem. The defence is the problem and the recruitment team haven't solved in in two windows. They will get (hopefully) one more window to do so and hopefully they don't fail a third time in a row.

However, blood, guts, a big mouth, and gonads do in fact appear in stats in the sense that whatever goes into a defender's success contributes to the measures of success like goals against being low, interceptions, tackles and so on. I think stats should always be considered in recruitment.

I think what we've been doing is only hiring promising up-and-comers and there's always an element of risk in that. Unfortunately we seem to have rolled the dice and lost on it so far. I wouldn't roll dice a third time - in the next window I agree we need to get one or two defenders who are proven and in their prime. And maybe yet another goalie... yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Given distance not a big issue would you choose Chesterfield or Notts? They seem to splash it about. We have to get rid of a number of crap players on 2 year deals. Seems we bin dun agen!
    I think solely on the club then 100% Notts but obviously it comes down to the deal then. Players at this level have to pay mortgages and aren’t rolling in it, so you have to be offering at least 2 years but any player would be pretty confident we’re stable now.
    The only blocker I think is if we still have SM and he hasn’t pulled up any trees in the final games.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456