+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Charge West Brom

FA Charge West Brom

West Bromwich Albion have been charged with misconduct in relation to crowd control following The FA Cup tie against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday 28 January.

Wonder what the punishment will be? Presume points can't be deducted as it was the FA Cup!

Rather pathetic in my opinion.

The body that’s ruined the FA Cup love throwing their weight around over stuff like this.

It was unsavoury and unpleasant but both sets of fans were to blame, more so the Wolves d I c k heads sat in home areas.

It should be a swift fine and move on.

I’ll guess they’d rather posture and try to blow it up to make themselves look important.

Which they no longer are.

We all know in sports that the reaction to a foul always seems to get punished more than the foul itself. The Wolves fans certainly provoked the West Brom fans in the Halfords/ Birmingham Road corner but the West Brom fans most definitely overreacted and I in no way condone or excuse what they did. We deserve to be punished. I dont see us getting off lightly, though what that means is anyone's guess. I would guess a huge fine (now that we could actually pay it) and possibly a home fixture ban for next years FA Cup or something like that. At least we are not serial offenders but I can just see the FA making an example of us especially since there will be a ton of pressure on the FA to show they have no tolerance for this sort of nonsense.

Presume the Dingles will charged too for lobbing smoke bombs and having supporters in the wrong section? Oh - they are in the Premier!

Failure to control the fans; clubs should install seat belts for every spectator, with electronic sensors to ensure all belts are fastened before kick off and no release until half and full time. That will put a stop to it. If you need to go for a pi$$, tough; clean pants could be sold, would raise a bit of extra cash for the club.

We don’t deserve to be punished at all. It’s impossible to control who sells what tickets to who and you can’t control wolves fans pretending they are baggies supporters. Standing up and cheering takes the biscuit and is provocation. Fine fans if you must but not a club for being powerless. Could and will happen anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Failure to control the fans; clubs should install seat belts for every spectator, with electronic sensors to ensure all belts are fastened before kick off and no release until half and full time. That will put a stop to it. If you need to go for a pi$$, tough; clean pants could be sold, would raise a bit of extra cash for the club.
    It’s your f kin age group who are up and down like Monica Lewinsky with their multiple toilet trips.

Be careful what you wish for!

Alright if you are a just oil protester and invade the tennis at Wimbledon and lob balls and confetti on the pitch. That’s different!

So you think cheering for the wrong team in the wrong end is an excuse for people to act like a bunch of animals? Yes what the wolves fans did was provocative, yes it was stupid, no I wouldn’t be brave (or stupid) enough to do it myself, but if we try to excuse the behaviour of our fans for what they did, we are just contributing to the problem. Shout the wolves fans down, call them a few savoury names, aim some gestures at them, it’s all part of the banter, but violence is always crossing the line and what they did was embarrassing and put all of us in a bad light.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    So you think cheering for the wrong team in the wrong end is an excuse for people to act like a bunch of animals? Yes what the wolves fans did was provocative, yes it was stupid, no I wouldn’t be brave (or stupid) enough to do it myself, but if we try to excuse the behaviour of our fans for what they did, we are just contributing to the problem. Shout the wolves fans down, call them a few savoury names, aim some gestures at them, it’s all part of the banter, but violence is always crossing the line and what they did was embarrassing and put all of us in a bad light.

You are completely right. I was next to the trouble and it was complete thugs who were punching and kicking the police. No excuse for it!

In fact at away games such as Hull and Huddersfield afterwards stadium policing outside has been stepped up. On asking why, I was told due to West Brom’s supporters! At Hull they even closed the barriers to get out
    ( apart from the coach park ) for 10 minutes after the whistle! Reputation is horrible to shake off.

Really sad!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)