+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prediction League - Coventry City (FA Cup)

And Coventry draw level with 3 minutes to go. Ugh. What a wild game

And now they’ve taken the lead at the death. The American Haji Wright with a cool finish.

Wolves just not good enough today and deservedly going out. Unbelievable

Pathetic. I don't care about who's injured and who isn't.

If it wasn't for Sa we would have been annihilated.

Quote Originally Posted by innunowetrust1 View Post

I think it was always going to be difficult because it’s hard to put out a coherent formation and strategy considering who was available. But the intensity and sharpness wasn’t there. And those things were controllables. Other than Sa and Gomes….cant say much positive outside of the periodic flashes of brilliance from RAN.

Quote Originally Posted by innunowetrust1 View Post

fuck me..we agree on summat !

well done coventry ,,better side for 90% of the game..
    hope coventry win the cup and also hope they get promoted with leicester andf leeds.

wolves season now officiallly over,,

out of the cup
    no chance of relegation
    no hope of a europe spot..

and its goodnight from them

Actually injuries are why we lost today, along with the limitations of a small squad. We were stretched to the limits, no offence to Nathan Fraser who’s a good prospect but he wouldn’t have started in the Coventry side today. With a full squad available no way do Coventry get 24 shots and 12 on target against us.

In a couple of weeks with Cunha, possibly Hwang and Bellegarde back we’ll have a better balance and hopefully get 50+ points. Gary O’Neill and this squad have done a fantastic job this season, and I know the majority of fans agree. I don’t see anything pathetic about 41 points with 10 games to go and getting to the 6th round of the FA cup in a season when we were supposed relegation fodder, there’s plenty to be proud of though.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Actually injuries are why we lost today, along with the limitations of a small squad. We were stretched to the limits, no offence to Nathan Fraser who’s a good prospect but he wouldn’t have started in the Coventry side today. With a full squad available no way do Coventry get 24 shots and 12 on target against us.

In a couple of weeks with Cunha, possibly Hwang and Bellegarde back we’ll have a better balance and hopefully get 50+ points. Gary O’Neill and this squad have done a fantastic job this season, and I know the majority of fans agree. I don’t see anything pathetic about 41 points with 10 games to go and getting to the 6th round of the FA cup in a season when we were supposed relegation fodder, there’s plenty to be proud of though.
    I was referring to the performance today, not the season so far.

That was a very strong side we put out today, an inexperienced Nathan Fraser was not the reason we struggled to pass a ball or was the reason we were second to many balls.

Sa stopped the scoreline becoming an embarrassment.

Understood, just suggesting that there’s a bigger picture. Interesting that GON is taking personal responsibility for the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Understood, just suggesting that there’s a bigger picture. Interesting that GON is taking personal responsibility for the performance.
    Norton, I think we've been getting away with it for a few games now, overall the performances have been average to say the least.

I get the injury situation is a massive setback and it has disrupted GON's Plan A but the misplaced passes, lack of movement and sometimes lacklustre defending is getting more prevalent.

Fatigue maybe? It's understandable with such a small squad.

I suppose I'm just so disappointed that a golden opportunity to reach a semi final (at least) was blown away and that a brilliant season so far may well have ended yesterday.

Some years ago, I made the decision never to bet on cup matches. Yesterday proved my decision correct. We have a Premier League side that this season has done the double over Spurs and Chelsea, beaten Manchester City, and sit in the top half of the League. Playing a side that sit outside the play offs in the Championship. Having said that Coventry have been in decent form recently.

Coventry fully deserved their victory and their vocal fans, who stayed in the stadium long after the final whistle, enjoyed their moment in the sun. As the Coventry players walked around applauding their supporters, many Wolves fans in the Upper Steve Bull joined in the applause.
    I never witnessed any Wolves fans throwing bottles or fighting with the stewards and police. A sad memory from an earlier Cup match this season.

Both sides played some good football and it was an exciting game to be present at. One minute we were not going to Wembley, then we were, then we weren't. But that is Cup football. We had a chance to get to Wembley but for our small injured squad it was a bridge too far.

As has been stated, without the heroics of Sa it could have been a cricket score. Coventry City were a bigger more mature squad and it showed at times. Fraser who has just turned 19, took a battering from the experienced centre backs, but his day will come. The 18yr old Chiwome made his first team debut and certainly did not seem overawed with the occasion. However, Cunha, Hwang, Neto, Bellegarde and Dawson were certainly missed. Dawson was again replaced by the quietly impressive Santi Bueno, whose namesake Hugo Bueno scored his first senior goal for Wolves, the goal that most Wolves fans thought was taking us to Wembley. The visiting fans must have feared the worst at this point, but once again we conceded goals deep into injury time.

The break has come at a good time for us, with our next game being Aston Villa away on the 30th March. Let us hope that all our players that are away on International duty return injury free. Personally I am looking forward to watching Joao Gomes against England if he is selected.

Finally Good Luck to Coventry at Wembley.
    Last edited by abbobrom; 17-03-2024 at 12:27 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)