+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If I was Jatta

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    You are embarrassing yourself mate. Jatta wasn’t even in the squad v Gillingham let alone causing havoc.
    Nope, you've embarrassed yourself with your lack of reading ability, go and read it again, slowly this time, and then think about how you're an embarrassment yourself. To spell it out, I said was it Gillingham? I never stated it was Gillingham as I couldn't remember but hey, reading comprehension right, you don't need it

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I stand corrected if it was Crewe rather than Gillingham, but my first impression is unchanged. Jatta showed the odd bit of promise but had no real impact on the game. I hope he comes good, but I'm not sure he's what we need at the moment even though we are desperate.
    Only because the service to him was just long balls to his head, when we shoved a couple of through balls through, he was quick and powerful. In fact, had he made a meal of one, we'd have had a penalty

If I was him. I'd sod off home. He isn't going to start games and game time will be a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I’m starting to think that it won’t actually change any time soon. Ive just a feeling the owners will give him a chance next season after a summers worth of recruiting and, hopefully, strengthening!

It sure looks bad now but for the first 20 - 30 minutes on Tuesday we looked like the early season Notts County, pressing high, quick passing and pretty fluid. We scored the goal and then just flopped and played ourselves out of the game over a period of 40-50 minutes until we looked unrecognisable from the side at the beginning of the match.

It appeared to me the players were still trying and running for the manager, which was a good sign. Even at the start of the second half we started well but couldn’t get a foothold from about 60 minutes onwards, and finally capitulated horrendously. I didn’t think we were atrocious against Wimbledon either, we were the better team for large spells and had Macca buried one of his chances it could’ve been another story.

Rightly or wrongly Maynard is learning on the job half way through a season with a team and fans who loved the previous manager, high expectations, and a team starting to stutter with a horrendous looking run of games to baptise him with. To me there are subtle signs creeping in that perhaps he can get us firing again….imagine what a win on Saturday would do for everyone’s confidence. What doesn’t, or won’t help, is turning Meadow Lane into that horrible toxic place that we all know so well.

Perhaps we could just get behind him whilst he is here. Some of the personal abuse I’ve seen thrown his way is nothing short of a disgrace.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Nope, you've embarrassed yourself with your lack of reading ability, go and read it again, slowly this time, and then think about how you're an embarrassment yourself. To spell it out, I said was it Gillingham? I never stated it was Gillingham as I couldn't remember but hey, reading comprehension right, you don't need it
    Obviously it’s way too early to judge Jatta but I’ve clearly missed a game if you saw him wreaking havoc against anyone.
    The Crewe game was his introduction and he barely touched the ball, admittedly not through any fault of his own.
    I’m not sure what the definition of causing havoc is for a striker, but I don’t think he’s even had a shot yet?

Somebody else hinted at the joint ownership angle between the two clubs. Jatta's transfer takes a big wedge of money out of a club with 10,000 fans, and pumps it into a smaller club. Football players valuations are completely subjective. Who's to say if Jatta's true value is 75K or 200K.

The only thing he caused havoc with were the pigeons sitting on top of the kop we with that header.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I stand corrected if it was Crewe rather than Gillingham, but my first impression is unchanged. Jatta showed the odd bit of promise but had no real impact on the game. I hope he comes good, but I'm not sure he's what we need at the moment even though we are desperate.
    As I've said before he is another 'Lucky Dip' like Sam, the lad we bought from Kings Lynn, Morias etc, come off the bench show the odd touch, put them in from the start and they do nothing, back to the subs bench then leave the club. I'll say it again, recruitment is poor at best, I really think whoever is advising / doing it now from the radar side wasn't when the brothers first came here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    You’ve had ample time to provide the opposition that Jatta caused havoc against. You’ve provided no insight other than tell people they are blind. I think you dreamt his ‘dominant’ performance up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234