+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An interventional God…

An interventional God…

I was speaking to a friend of mine yesterday about religion and the subject of an interventional God came up,she like me believes that there is one and if something was meant to be then he will intervene to ensure that it does,so I brought up the subject of bdb’s bet and griffs insistence of blocking any attempt of me gaining any real points,refusing to let me pick the selections one week even though he invited everyone else to do so and two games being postponed as soon as I took up the bet so it brings me to the conclusion that two atheists have god on their side and me a regular churchgoer hasn’t

I liked Terry Pratchett’s take on it, that there are gods of everything, even rats, and you could invoke a god just by having a belief in something. So it follows that there’s a God of Carlisle Mad and, behold, here I am. I am interventionist and I move in mysterious ways.

There’s two type of Gods griff,there’s God almighty and there’s false gods and you unfortunately belong to the latter so now is a good time to repent your sins and give me a go on the prediction comp

You WERE welcome to have a go, right up to the point where you entered into a side bet then immediately wanted to pick the fixtures. I don’t recall you asking until then. Good try though.

It was sheer coincidence me asking for a go on the comp and the bet being taken up griffy 😇

Never believed in god even though i was an alter boy for a while,what kind of god would create murderers,*****s and rapists.

That’s not Gods work Pete but Lucifers

Nah,its all *******s imo.

Atheists quote the bible all the time without realising it

Can a leopard change its spots
    Bless you
    Goodbye
    Charity
    Angelic
    Enthusiasm
    Testify (literally checking Abrahams balls)
    Writ
    Broken hearted
    Eye for an eye
    Biting the dust
    By the skin of your teeth
    Drop in a bucket
    At the 11th hour
    Samaritan
    All can be found in the bible and shows that you are all influenced by the bible and you don’t even realise it so get down your local C of E church this Sunday and beg for forgiveness

Amen

Father Chalky
    Last edited by chaincey.ncfc; 15-03-2024 at 11:44 AM.

Loads of stuff come from Shakespeare too:

https://www.ef.edu/blog/language/wor...eare-invented/

Doesn’t mean I have to rush to the nearest theatre, now does it Chalky.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)