Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
I do not actually having a go at Barnsley folk more the concept of booing the team , I personally would never boo our players because I believe that is for one childish & more to the point counter productive but my main gripe is that it is hypocritical , the same fans who are booing would have been singing about Collins red and white army , and the greatest team the world as ever seen etc etc if you get my drift only days earlier , I understand that it is usually born out of frustration but frankly I find grown men booing pathetic , if watching your team is conditional that they have to be on top of their game and win every match then football is the wrong sport to follow . I have been critical of our owners & the squad they have assembled & my opinion of them has not changed but I do not blame the players or the manager for that , its not their fault they are not good enough & i believe they go to work & try their best but sometimes it is not good enough .
I don't think it's that simple Shad with all due respect , I draw the line criticising young players who are trying to find their way in the game , that's something I'd never do .

When you say grown men booing pathetic that is just the way the game takes folk and reduces us to adolescents at times , I was jumping up and down in the front room with my Man Utd supporting wife just yesterday when United scored that fourth goal , that's not entirely the behaviour you'd associate with a man of 62 and his wife of 52 , even more bizarre given I don't support United but was pleased for her to finally have something to hang her hat on , it's been a while !! .

Every football fan out there is a huge hypocrite , it just goes with the beast that is football .

I just think trying to understand it is perhaps fruitless and probably neither you , me or Pass are right and none of us are wrong either .

It's just football , it's bloody complicated .