+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts: Barnsley-v-Cheltenham

Another frustrating game at home but credit to Cheltenham defending well without parking the bus.

Just got to make sure we hold on to that play off place now , one of those days today .

Cheltenham were resolute and it's a good point for them .

JAQ moaning about fans booing at the end. Wait until she realises many were booing her and the Board

If we’d have scored in the first 10 minutes when, on another day, we could have had 2 or 3 goals, I reckon it would have been a comfortable result.

As it turns out, it was a frustrating game.

Connell looks lost without Kane! Muscled off the ball too much today, thank god Kane’s ban is done now.
    1 glaring miss by Cole 2nd half, with all the room he had, why oh why did he choose to go with a diving header rather than taking it down and hitting it?
    Russell had a good game to be fair, Cheltenham battled really hard and defended excellently, but that is definitely 2 points dropped.
    Think that has put paid to any hope of automatics.
    I believe we will make the play off’s but as I said after the 5-1 drubbing at home, god help us if we meet Lincoln in them! They are absolutely flying, their 5-0 win today is the first time a 3rd tier club have won 3 games on the bounce by scoring 5 goals or more since Southend in 1954!!!!
    They are now 1 point off the play off’s and are looking frightening, where we are looking like we are stumbling over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Connell looks lost without Kane! Muscled off the ball too much today, thank god Kane’s ban is done now.
    1 glaring miss by Cole 2nd half, with all the room he had, why oh why did he choose to go with a diving header rather than taking it down and hitting it?
    Russell had a good game to be fair, Cheltenham battled really hard and defended excellently, but that is definitely 2 points dropped.
    Think that has put paid to any hope of automatics.
    I believe we will make the play off’s but as I said after the 5-1 drubbing at home, god help us if we meet Lincoln in them! They are absolutely flying, their 5-0 win today is the first time a 3rd tier club have won 3 games on the bounce by scoring 5 goals or more since Southend in 1954!!!!
    They are now 1 point off the play off’s and are looking frightening, where we are looking like we are stumbling over the line.
    Surely they can’t keep this up until the end of the season and playoffs though? Reckon it’ll be us and Bolton at Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    Surely they can’t keep this up until the end of the season and playoffs though? Reckon it’ll be us and Bolton at Wembley.
    The danger is Lincoln could come in to the play offs with considerable momentum .

There's a bit to go yet and they may have peaked too soon .

As for ourselves it's difficult to know exactly where we are at , it's just a very weird season in my opinion .

Ffs!, if ever a 0-0 home draw felt as bad as a defeat, then this is it today.
    Very very poor by the sounds of it, and I had that niggling feeling that the ref was even going to gift them a late pen. 😟

Travelled back from Devon for this one. Have to say, like others that Cheltenham worked very hard for their point.
    I think that we will hit the play offs, and fail in the semis, as we havent got a killer instinct in us. Its just not there. Ive read some absolute boll Ox on twitter as regards “lets take the positives”…. Posted by idiots… but to be frank, we cant kill a game.
    Just did it against Derby, …Just.
    Couldn’t kill it off at 2-0 agen Bolton, hung on against Carlisle….and just huffed and puffed today. Not fustrating, just delivering at home what we have all season.
    Mediocrity.

As for JAQ……….” shut ya mouth lady”. You think this is our first rodeo love? Get used to it if your here for the long term……. You cant paint the sistine chapel,with a yard brush……

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The danger is Lincoln could come in to the play offs with considerable momentum .

There's a bit to go yet and they may have peaked too soon .

As for ourselves it's difficult to know exactly where we are at , it's just a very weird season in my opinion .
    I could very easily be wrong but I think it’s form too soon. They’re already on what a 13/14 game great run so would need a 25 game run in total by the end. That would be some going. Here’s hoping they run out of steam soon.

As for us, I agree it’s been a weird season. Especially as I’m used to us being much better at home and, most of the time, struggling away from home (particularly in the championship). Play offs would potentially be 2 games away from Oakwell and I like to think we can grind results out, even when not being at our best.

Still plenty of twists and turns to come yet in the regular season though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast