+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If we go up

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Been a boring few weeks without proper football, only making small talk about who we should sign, ease up.
    I loathe international football during season. One of the craziest ideas ever pushed through.

Exactly, many clubs seem to pull players out claiming they’re injured, but surprisingly they’re fit for the forthcoming league fixtures, apart from actual qualifiers which mean something and the World Cup/euros it bores me to death. I just hope no Leeds players get injured tonight in wales decider against Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    You’ve never mentioned him before, so probably like you I watched his 2 goals against bottom 4 in league 2 Grimsby… I can see a stampede of PL teams trying to sign him based on that, Mullin is 29…2 ridiculous shouts

I remember WTF you rubbishing my recommendation a few years back that we should sign (a much younger) Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen, saying why would we want to sign a player from a poor Championship team. We were in same league and next day he banged in 2 at Elland Road.. no much better hunting down geriatrics from league 2,
    "geriatrics from league 2,"?? So, at 28 you would suggest a player is a geriatric?

Firpo - 27
    Byram - 30
    Roberts (Connor) - 28
    Kamara - 28
    Rodon - 26
    James - 26

Looks like we need to have a clear out of our OAPs!

Had that post regarding Cannon come from just about anyone else, I suspect your response would have been a tad different, but hey, you go knock yourself out.

You’ve never mentioned him before, so probably like you I watched his 2 goals against bottom 4 in league 2 Grimsby… I can see a stampede of PL teams trying to sign him based on that, Mullin is 29…2 ridiculous shouts

I remember WTF you rubbishing my recommendation a few years back that we should sign (a much younger) Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen, saying why would we want to sign a player from a poor Championship team. We were in same league and next day he banged in 2 at Elland Road.. no much better hunting down geriatrics from league 2,
    Of course, when it comes to geriatric players, we can only hope that Man City can survive with their crop of OAPs;

Ederson - 30
    Dias - 26
    Akanji - 28
    Ake - 29
    Stones - 29
    Rodri - 27
    Kovacic - 29
    Silva - 29
    De Bruyne - 32
    Grealish - 28

Positively grey, or would you care to think again about your definition of "geriatric"? I suspect not.

Jeez are you that desperate to try make a point… you’re seriously comparing players in league 2 to Citeh squad who have played at top level throughout their careers. My point that you obviously can’t grasp, is… that they are playing league 2 football at that age for a reason. Exactly how many league 2 players over the age of 27 have been transferred to a PL team as you suggest…. If we go up and buy/loan an experienced 30+ player, and we can afford him, a player experienced playing top level, that’s completely different. Ffs admit your talking complete b@llax for once

Your usual deflection at work, moving the argument from us hiring +27 year olds in league 2… I repeat and request how many players that age have been transferred to a PL side… ever… anywhere

Jeez are you that desperate to try make a point… you’re seriously comparing players in league 2 to Citeh squad who have played at top level throughout their careers. My point that you obviously can’t grasp, is… that they are playing league 2 football at that age for a reason. Exactly how many league 2 players over the age of 27 have been transferred to a PL team as you suggest…. If we go up and buy/loan an experienced 30+ player, and we can afford him, a player experienced playing top level, that’s completely different. Ffs admit your talking complete b@llax for once
    Ok, so lets just address a few points;

1. I DID NOT suggest that as a Premiership side, LUFC would seek new players from League 2 (or anywhere else), I wrote (Post #11 if you would care to re-read), "And should the worst happen and we stay in the Championship and lose the likes of Summerville and Gnonto,". Your question about League 2 players (and I suspect that those playing for Wrexham won't be League 2 for long) transferring to a PL team is therefore null and void

2. At no time did I bring up the subject of the players age, and certainly not to use it to characterise Cannon as a "geriatric", you did that all by yourself. Maybe you would like to describe them (Cannon and Mullin) as such to their face, see what response you get?

3. I never compared any of the players named in posts #23 & #24 to Cannon in any context other than age.

4. Yes, I watched the EFL highlights programme where Cannon scored two tremendous goals, that would stand comparison with any of those featured in any other League 1 & /or 2 match that week. I've also watched as many of the Wrexham game highlights as I have been able, given that I like the story around the club, and how new ownership appears not to be solely interested in headlines, but in actually supporting the club and seeing it succeed, bit like Elton John and Watford many years ago. Wrexham play a good style of football, good to watch, and their profile is obviously improving, (their new sponsors reflect this). I suspect they will be league 1 next season, or shortly thereafter, Reynolds isn't in it for the short haul.

No "deflection", whatever the f00k that is supposed to refer to. Your fervent desire to score points would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Ok, so lets just address a few points;

1. I DID NOT suggest that as a Premiership side, LUFC would seek new players from League 2 (or anywhere else), I wrote (Post #11 if you would care to re-read), "And should the worst happen and we stay in the Championship and lose the likes of Summerville and Gnonto,". Your question about League 2 players (and I suspect that those playing for Wrexham won't be League 2 for long) transferring to a PL team is therefore null and void

2. At no time did I bring up the subject of the players age, and certainly not to use it to characterise Cannon as a "geriatric", you did that all by yourself. Maybe you would like to describe them (Cannon and Mullin) as such to their face, see what response you get?

3. I never compared any of the players named in posts #23 & #24 to Cannon in any context other than age.

4. Yes, I watched the EFL highlights programme where Cannon scored two tremendous goals, that would stand comparison with any of those featured in any other League 1 & /or 2 match that week. I've also watched as many of the Wrexham game highlights as I have been able, given that I like the story around the club, and how new ownership appears not to be solely interested in headlines, but in actually supporting the club and seeing it succeed, bit like Elton John and Watford many years ago. Wrexham play a good style of football, good to watch, and their profile is obviously improving, (their new sponsors reflect this). I suspect they will be league 1 next season, or shortly thereafter, Reynolds isn't in it for the short haul.

No "deflection", whatever the f00k that is supposed to refer to. Your fervent desire to score points would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
    Kiddies kiddies kiddies - if we win tonight we stay top 😎 nothing else really matters as much

You’ve moaned that the club was looking to players in duff premier leagues around Europe, now apparently League 2 is better
    You’ve moaned youth doesn’t get a chance now you think leg 2 journeymen are the way forward…. Weather vane comes to mind

keep

meslier
    ampadu
    cresswell
    piroe
    kamara
    bamford
    summerville
    klaesson
    rodon
    shackleton
    james
    struijk
    gray
    rutter
    byram
    gnonto
    roberts
    gruev
    moore
    joseph
    crew
    christy
    gyabi

let the rest go, this means we at least start the season with a squad and we can then add some proper premier league standard players to what is a talented squad but without additions would finish somewhere between 13th and 17th

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)