+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If we go up

And should the worst happen and we stay in the Championship and lose the likes
    of Summerville and Gnonto, we could do worse than persuading Cannon from Wrexham to join us.

Eh, sign a 28 year old league 2 player, ffs

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Eh, sign a 28 year old league 2 player, ffs
    Nice to see the ever-openmindedness hasn't deserted you. Have you ever watched him? And at 28, he'd be precisely the right age to mix in the Championship, should we still be there (and just how much do you think the 49ers will make available should that be the case?).

If you’re talking Wrexham then mullin is a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    If you’re talking Wrexham then mullin is a good shout.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Nice to see the ever-openmindedness hasn't deserted you. Have you ever watched him? And at 28, he'd be precisely the right age to mix in the Championship, should we still be there (and just how much do you think the 49ers will make available should that be the case?).
    You’ve never mentioned him before, so probably like you I watched his 2 goals against bottom 4 in league 2 Grimsby… I can see a stampede of PL teams trying to sign him based on that, Mullin is 29…2 ridiculous shouts

I remember WTF you rubbishing my recommendation a few years back that we should sign (a much younger) Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen, saying why would we want to sign a player from a poor Championship team. We were in same league and next day he banged in 2 at Elland Road.. no much better hunting down geriatrics from league 2,

Davis Keillor-Dunn, midfielder at Mansfield is the top rated player in League 2... Macaulay Langstaff is the top scorer in league 2, despite playing for an inconsistent Notts County

We have a few coming through the junior ranks who look capable of stepping up just as Struijk, Summerville, Meslier and Gray have done.

What do people think of Jack Clarke and whether he would go well in the prem?

Clarke could play in the prem. as he's matured and become more experienced he's continually gotten better.

However, the question I'd have is would be be better than Summerville, Gnonto or James? I also suspect that we have some youth coming up that could be great backups but not familiar enough to know that one.

Been a boring few weeks without proper football, only making small talk about who we should sign, ease up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)