+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list.

Retained list.

I think the only entertainment we are likely to get from now till May is guess the retained list.
    Even Paul Davis has lost the plot and given up, regurgitating text (how many times do we need to know Taylor got the sack and LR been here in December??)
    Now he starts to prompt speculation….

So, lets join in and beat the boredom.
    Out of the ones who will be out of contract, who do you think will be extended (ollie or haks or both?)
    And the rest he names, who will be asked to sign again (whether they agree to stay is not up for debate here)

1. Will extend both O and H. ?
    2. Hall, morrison, cafu, clucas, fergie, peltier, blackett, lindsay, wyke….?

1. Both.
    2. Clucas and blackett. But, I wouldn’t bet on any.

Caveat….we could always ask Revan back…i’d go with that, he’s done ok.

Mind, you this is NOT who you would like, this is guess who LR would want….
    Last edited by Millmoordays; 15-03-2024 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    I think the only entertainment we are likely to get from now till May is guess the retained list.
    Even Paul Davis has lost the plot and given up, regurgitating text (how many times do we need to know Taylor got the sack and LR been here in December??)
    Now he starts to prompt speculation….

So, lets join in and beat the boredom.
    Out of the ones who will be out of contract, who do you think will be extended (ollie or haks or both?)
    And the rest he names, who will be asked to sign again (whether they agree to stay is not up for debate here)

1. Will extend both O and H. ?
    2. Hall, morrison, cafu, clucas, fergie, peltier, blackett, lindsay, wyke….?

1. Both.
    2. Clucas and blackett. But, I wouldn’t bet on any.

Caveat….we could always ask Revan back…i’d go with that, he’s done ok.

Mind, you this is NOT who you would like, this is guess who LR would want….
    There's a lot of noise about problems behind the scenes, and we have no idea who's driving that, who's caught up, and who's got to go because of it. Without knowing that, the guesses are even wilder.

I'd like to see OR stay if he signs a longer deal and puts this preservation phase behind him.
    I'd like to see Haks stay, because he can play pretty much anywhere, and would be relatively cheap in terms of wages.
    I'd guess LR will want to retain both.

I think Clucas will extend his stay, and I'm 50/50 on Wyke. I'd like to see Clucas and Blackett - if the latter is fully fit, and our team haven't seen enough to suggest he's going to spend spells in the physio room.

Revan is way above L1 level, and I can't see how that would work.

If Hall comes back, and that sets the tone for 2024/25, I'd be unlikely to renew my tickets.

LR Kelly Scott couldn't put it right in January. Get in who can.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Who's that exactly? Do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Who's that exactly? Do tell.
    Not them.

Not them.
    It would be nice for once if you could just keep a thread on topic (The Retained List) and not wander off on your latest obsession.

Even if we offer to extend the contracts of the handful who are worth keeping it seems unlikely that many of them will want to stay, particularly as their salaries will reduce.
    I think they will probably wait to see what other offers come in and who can blame them?
    It will also be interesting to see how many changes LR makes behind the scenes because, when he talks about the need for a culture change, it suggests he might want to change quite a few of his support staff as well as the players.
    It's going to be a busy old close season.

Keep Victor

The rest can go for me

Another thread becomes a 'gru thread'

Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Another thread becomes a 'gru thread'

Yawn.
    It gru and gru and gru

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast