+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tilson

Tilson

Not being funny but did Tilson even touch the ball last night in his 45 mins ?

I'm struggling to remember seeing him. He was playing right ?

Our midfield was awful first half, all of them. JG put it down to the players underperforming but I don't see it like that. I think the selection and formation was just wrong. We looked far better in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Our midfield was awful first half, all of them. JG put it down to the players underperforming but I don't see it like that. I think the selection and formation was just wrong. We looked far better in the second half.
    it was pretty much the Team that beat Morton

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    it was pretty much the Team that beat Morton
    But that was a different kind of match and once we lost the first goal that plan was out of the window. It's easy looking back in hindsight though.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 16-03-2024 at 10:00 AM.

Completely different match, Morton is a physical battle, a scrap, they were in good form we needed to dig it out. This was a completely different scenario, they've been in poor form, aren't a physical side, we are coming off back of two good wins and a good performance. We should have been taking the game to then, we have better attacking players, but sacrificed those to go conservative. Plenty of us called it as soon as the team was leaked. Sacrificing attacking oppositions and goal threats for tilson and grieve cause they run about a lot was tragic.

Biggest indictment however was he could have a salvaged that situation early cause it became so apparent so early, but he was like a rabbit caught in headlights.

Not being funny but did Tilson even touch the ball last night in his 45 mins ?

I'm struggling to remember seeing him. He was playing right ?
    I didnt notice it while watching on the phone when paying more attention to something else, but having seen the goals since, i think the first goal, Thomson has their guy under control, Tillson comes in and touches the ball in the challenge, then turns away to look for it while their man goes towards goal. For that alone he should never wear a United top ever again!

Very easy to blame Tilson, but he is what he is, not very good. The fact he's playing is the managers fault. He also only played for 45 minutes last night. What about the boys who played for 90? Declan Gallagher holy f*cking ****. Did he beat himself about the head with his baseball bat the night before or something? He was all over the place and looked like he was towing a caravan all night. All three goals badly out of position, challenging for balls he didn't need to challenge for. Clearly doesn't trust Thomson at RB as he tried to be our RB for the first and second when their was cover. McMann dire, horrendous. Back to his usual. Moult non existent. Watt disinterested. Sibbald and Doc well over run in the middle. Tillson is pish, but last night wasn't his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Very easy to blame Tilson, but he is what he is, not very good. The fact he's playing is the managers fault. He also only played for 45 minutes last night. What about the boys who played for 90? Declan Gallagher holy f*cking ****. Did he beat himself about the head with his baseball bat the night before or something? He was all over the place and looked like he was towing a caravan all night. All three goals badly out of position, challenging for balls he didn't need to challenge for. Clearly doesn't trust Thomson at RB as he tried to be our RB for the first and second when their was cover. McMann dire, horrendous. Back to his usual. Moult non existent. Watt disinterested. Sibbald and Doc well over run in the middle. Tillson is pish, but last night wasn't his fault.
    Was Gallagher the player that had the injury scare the other day? If so the manager gambled and it back-fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Was Gallagher the player that had the injury scare the other day? If so the manager gambled and it back-fired.
    No it was McMann

No it was McMann
    Well that explains some of what ive been saying. Do you know if its been niggling thing for a couple of weeks?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)