+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Accrington 16.03.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    That’s why he’s with us, time bomb and mentality issues
    Yeah true. With the talent hes got it is hard to imagine him playing in League 2 if he were more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I said tailed off slightly. We won every home game from the beginning of the season to Mansfield in mid October, but by the end of November we had won every game apart from Stags and Wrexham. Then we had a little wobble going out the cup and losing to a poor Walsall team, before winning 3-0 and 5-0 as you say.

I think excellent and tailing off slightly at the end is a pretty accurate description.
    Yep, you have to remember at the start of the season we had a 4 in the middle, no Palmer now, Bostock was playing pretty well pre December and Crowley had a very good start as did Mcgoldrick but they both have fizzled out slightly well before now.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    No I think when they say the players are not trying for the manager that's exactly what they mean.
    Effort and commitment though will come in shades of grey. '100%' is a cliche...what manager in the country is getting the absolute maximum, literally?
    I'd say it's rare for a pro footballer to display a glaring lack of effort. That's definitely not in their interest. But conviction in making runs, implementing the game plan all the time?
    Our 5pts gained from an available 30, consecutive home losses closing in on a record, needs explaining. Instead of 'not trying' you could say 'not responding to" 'not playing well for' and that's down to low confidence/belief more than anything...because we know our players are better than 5 from 30. That's a rate of 23pts from a 46 game season and cast-iron relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I feel sorry for them I know one of their fans, he goes to see them every week and he travels from Leicester, now that's dedication, I always mention Kyle Cameron to him and whenever I'm moaning about him he always gives a wry smile.
    Some fans are incredibley dedicated, I remember my dads mate a Mansfield Town supporter who never missed an away match for 9 years- one time i remember him telling us that he was late and missed the supporters coach , so he rushed home and drove there in his own car

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Some fans are incredibley dedicated, I remember my dads mate a Mansfield Town supporter who never missed an away match for 9 years- one time i remember him telling us that he was late and missed the supporters coach , so he rushed home and drove there in his own car
    Sadly he passed away a few years ago - so he will not see Mansfield getting promoted this year

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I feel sorry for them I know one of their fans, he goes to see them every week and he travels from Leicester, now that's dedication, I always mention Kyle Cameron to him and whenever I'm moaning about him he always gives a wry smile.
    There was a chap called Michael that used to come over from Ireland for every home game and quite a few away games and used to sit near me in the Pavis stand A block but I’ve not seen him for the majority of the season….hope you’re okay if you read this forum!! 🤞🏻

Not great look for Cameron, loses the header to a player smaller than him for the first and then absolutely ridiculous for the pen. We need a clear out in the summer.

Cameron is ****ing ****, gave the ball away for the chance they missed as well on the above highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Not great look for Cameron, loses the header to a player smaller than him for the first and then absolutely ridiculous for the pen. We need a clear out in the summer.
    It's a little unfair to pick on individuals but when it comes to Cameron I make no apologies. I challenge anyone to inform me of a single occasion this season where he has had total command of his opponent. He rarely stops a cross, he has no awareness of danger and no leadership ability that I can see. His first touch and concentration levels are commensurate with a Sunday morning team. He isn't a Radar signing but he should be a measure of the type of player we don't need if the owners are serious about promotion.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast