+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Accrington 16.03.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    This is the problem - because we will not be relegated - seems to be an excuse to let Maynards terrible form continue
    A shadow of a couple months ago, the players are trying but it looks like Maynard has fried their brains.
    I'll still carry on paying the twenty marky, I'm not letting Maynard totally ruin my Saturday afternoons.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    A shadow of a couple months ago, the players are trying but it looks like Maynard has fried their brains.
    I'll still carry on paying the twenty marky, I'm not letting Maynard totally ruin my Saturday afternoons.
    Reading all this just reinforces what we all know needs to be done. None of us wanted SM to fail and I thought maybe the owners had found another gem. The reality is that players who worked very hard all season to get us out of the NL are simply disillusioned that the owners have brought in a rank amateur who was in the lower reaches of the NL - how did they think the players would react?
    He is tactically inept - who on earth would take off the divisions record assists provider for a defender against a second rate outfit. He is a small man with small ideas and the fans deserve much much better.
    It is not negative to say SM must go because the negativity will be 10 times worse when we end the season nowhere near the play offs and top players want out and season ticket sales start tanking!
    All that said the owners will drag this out unless they are honest with themselves.
    Have said it before: Warnock in for 9 games to brighten things up and recognise the players deserve a real leader, then clear out the crap in the pre- season and get a proper EFL manager.
    We need to stop faffing about, it’s painful.

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    First of all I booked the 1968 Hospitality Lounge as a birthday treat for myself ,son-in-law and grandson. The meal was excellent and we were very well looked after.
    All the kids in the Hospitality were invited up to the front to forecast the match score, with the winner due to receive a signed shirt. As it happened none had predicted the 2-2 draw and no one received a signed shirt. As a consequence all the kids were given a free Stanley shirt. In addition the kids received a memento of the game with a free metal pin badge bearing the crests of both clubs . My grandson was very impressed and also got an autograph and selfie with Stall after the game.
    On to the game and I was pleased to see Jatta given a start up front with Macca. The team had stayed overnight in Bury and Chicksen had taken ill so Stone who had travelled to support his teammates was drafted onto the bench. Otherwise Jatta would probably not have started.
    Notts started the game with their usual energy and it was very pleasing to see JOB open the scoring after Jatta had guided a JJ cross into his path.
    The game followed the now usual pattern when AS equalised on 17 .
    Jatta restored the lead reacting to a loose ball after the home GK couldn't hold a Sam Austin shot.
    Notts were very fortunate not to concede an early second half penalty for hand ball , when an AS cross was clearly handled by a very outstretched arm from Bostock. Surprisingly the home side players didn't appeal collectively, unlike the Cameron offence which was less obvious and took some consideration from the referee before being given.
    In between these incidents Jatta was surprisingly withdrawn to be replaced by Crowley and more bizarrely JJ was replaced by Warner.
    The assumption of the second change being an attempt to hold onto the lead.
    With Notts' current defensive capabilities this was always going to be a gamble and the second goal for AS duly arrived. Any attacking threat from our most creative player was sacrificed in the second change.
    In my humble opinion if it doesn't warrant fixing , don't change it. It seems our coach seems to think differently and imagines himself to be a tactical genius , far in advance of reality ?
    It would be very difficult to select an outstanding player this afternoon.
    The majority would be worth 6/10 with maybe Austin, JOB , Baldwin and JJ meriting 7/10.
    None deserved an 8 or were as poor as a 5.
    I thought the referee was very good especially after officiating in the PL last week.
    Finally , I thought ASFC , were a very friendly club and a credit to the Community and The EFL ,
    Some clubs ( not Notts ) could learn from them.
    Well Jatta was injured and tbf Jones was having a fairly poor game. I agreed with him we needed to go to a back 4 at they were hitting diagonals into our box and we were getting exposed with the wingbacks in there.
    Cameron’s was a clear handball and a stupid one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    There was a chap called Michael that used to come over from Ireland for every home game and quite a few away games and used to sit near me in the Pavis stand A block but I’ve not seen him for the majority of the season….hope you’re okay if you read this forum!! 🤞🏻
    If it is the same Michael he is currently away but he is back for the easter games 👍

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well Jatta was injured and tbf Jones was having a fairly poor game. I agreed with him we needed to go to a back 4 at they were hitting diagonals into our box and we were getting exposed with the wingbacks in there.
    Cameron’s was a clear handball and a stupid one at that.
    Fair comments with the exception of Jones, he may have been having a poor game by his standards but he has 20+ assists to Nemane's 2. I know which one i would have kept on

I believe the original plan was to play a back four but Chicksen's late withdrawal meant Jones had to do more defensive work which reduces his effectiveness going forward
    He's been on the end of some 'robust' challenges in recent weeks so 2 games a week maybe catching up with him

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    If it is the same Michael he is currently away but he is back for the easter games 👍
    Cheers! 👍

Is he the guy who went over the Kop wall v Wrexham ?

If every Notts match this season had ended at half-time, we'd have 57 points and be in a play off position.

1st Half: Goals For 41 Against: 29

2nd Half: Goals For 31 Against: 43

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If every Notts match this season had ended at half-time, we'd have 57 points and be in a play off position.

1st Half: Goals For 41 Against: 29

2nd Half: Goals For 31 Against: 43
    Interesting stat. I think along with the “good defence” line, I think we also kidded ourselves that we were super-fit because most teams in the NL ran out of gas against us after 60-70 minutes. We’ve clearly come up against fitter, more robust sides this season and that’s another thing to mark down in the “must improve” column for next season. It’s going to be a lengthy list.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast