+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Accrington 16.03.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Fullarton was sacked after game 12, so if Maynard doesn't win his next 2 games and remains in place, he will keep his job having taken less points than Fullarton did.
    He will keep it till end of the season now not much point sacking him zero chance of the drop.

Kick and rush second half from both teams at it's worst. We've sunk a long way in a couple of months.

Didn’t think Maynard’s tactics were that bad. They started hitting balls to the back post and Nemane was getting exposed and we needed more height on the pitch anyway. Why on earth Cameron sticks his arm out I have no idea. Baldwin gets yet another pointless booking this season, some of these players are just brain dead at times.
    Last edited by matt_magpie; 16-03-2024 at 05:13 PM.

On another note Forest Commentator says Luton were lucky to get equaliser - is he real haha

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    He will keep it till end of the season now not much point sacking him zero chance of the drop.
    Not true. I don't expect them to but if a new manager came in and we ended up finishing outside the play-offs as opposed to outside the relegation zone. He'd be able to see who he'd like to keep our the squad and we'd be more attractive for potential signings.

Who'd want to sign for someone who averages (as it stands) 1 point every 2 games?

I think we need to get used to the very distinct possibility that the owners are going to stick with Maynard for at least this season, probably into next season with a slightly different squad. This half a season is effectively just getting him used to the EFL.

There have been slight improvements, let’s give him time. Still not going to listen to his interviews though.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Why on earth Cameron sticks his arm out I have no idea.
    He ought to do the post match interview and tell us

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Fullarton was sacked after game 12, so if Maynard doesn't win his next 2 games and remains in place, he will keep his job having taken less points than Fullarton did.
    A good point, that surprised me - not something I expected to see.

It's all so ragged though, isn't it? The mess with player availability, attacks and shots raining down on us, Baldwin's unnecessary 2-match ban, another really bad penalty concession...
    Not too long ago we had a charismatic leader, a squad that believed in him, a direction, more discipline, a vibrant and growing fanbase. It's all very disappointing atm

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Not true. I don't expect them to but if a new manager came in and we ended up finishing outside the play-offs as opposed to outside the relegation zone. He'd be able to see who he'd like to keep our the squad and we'd be more attractive for potential signings.

Who'd want to sign for someone who averages (as it stands) 1 point every 2 games?
    Well im not the owner and my guess is they will not sack him they will give him the season so they have enough data.

Near the end we have a throw in the attacking half, our forwards are stood still, one of them hiding behind a defender not wanting the ball, and so it goes back to our keeper. So negative and frustrating

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast