+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprotmiller View Post
    The gulf is widening.
    We don't have the financial clout to be in the championship.
    As I see it Warne built the team and culture on graft hard running, fitness.
    Taylor tried to change this to a style that has more passing and less emphasis on the running around but had to do this on a limited budget for such quality players and had to buy established seasoned players who are at the latter end of their careers and those who were injury prone.This has not paid off and Richardson is now here with players who he probably doesn't fancy and players feeling the same way about him.
    I don't think it's his fault.
    I think like in all walks of life most of these players are working their notice and output and commitment always falls away.
    He is having to manage this the best way he can.
    I will personally judge him next season. Having said that what I think doesn't influence anything anyway.
    A very sensible post instead of all the, 'LR' out brigade posts we see and read. Judge him next season when the team will be nothing like we have now, I say in hope.

https://youtu.be/bjd8YJa4E7U?si=dEHzeAwUZksqPJR4

Oh for a team like this now.

Williamson, Buckley, Johnson, Russell, Grealish, Scott.

Some of my favorite ever players from When I first started watching

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Nombe was played on the right wing he's a box player feeding off a big forward I'm not knocking him till he plays there. Was Odoffin injured? if he wasn't why wasn't he starting. Morrison Rinohmota our best two players today. They were 2nd worst side in the championship after us down to 10 men for last half hour & we couldn't lay a glove on them. Surely TS can see LR Kelly have had their chance not taken it. Why bring Appiah on Eaves also? Teihi Hugill am I missing something why weren't they in the match day squad?
    Sit in different stands but watched them same game . Bang on about best two players for us today 👍.Don’t like slating managers but this one is grating on me . Personally said at time sacking Taylor was pointless unless we had someone better lined up . This one isn’t anywhere near the standard required I’m afraid.

In the aftermath of failing to beat or even score against us, Huddersfield have called in an experienced team of trauma debrief workers to help the side recover from this shocking and unexpected experience

There was a sell on clause included in the Noombe transfer fee so his value to Exeter was likely to be around £600-700k
    If he’s paired with the right striker and be half decent in L1 then we’ve probably got what we paid for

It’s probably all we wanted to pay at the time and as others have said it doesn’t get us enough of what was needed

LR post match interview….he may aw well train a parrot to say all the same things and save him coming out, so he can have more time to spell out those better habits to the squad that they clearly haven’t got the hang of yet.
    Embaassing.

How many times will we see a post saying we can’t compete at this level, we know that but that fact is irrelevant when looking at that game yesterday especially the last 30 minutes which told us a lot about this head coach. 15 minutes to try and change the game with them down to 10 men, ok wait 5 minutes get all your subs warmed up, those 5 minutes allow you to see how the other team adapt to the sending off but 15 mins!. Wyke looked shattered in the first half, it was a better game for him but how many times did he even attempt to win a flick on header from Morrisons long throws. Those long throws are a big chance for us, yet we didn’t seem to have any idea what to do at them, nobody coming around the back in case the first header goes there, it did twice, what do they do on the training field (oh that is right we don’t have one!!). Nombe at least tried, chasing down a few good runs but I think next season will be a big one for him. Tiehi was injured in the Norwich game but why oh why was our most attacking midfielder not put on with Eaves? Not putting on Odoffin was a crime against football, he scores goals is strong and gets in the box and he can head a ball, Apiah was awful and the wrong player for that change, he then brought on a similar style player in Bramall so at the end we had 3 wide left players on the pitch. Then at the end we get his interview, all about how he has led the players out of an awful week, me, me, me is all you get from him. He actually comments on the need for attacking minded players needed for the last part of the game and yet Odoffin stays on the bench, one of the few players to actually put a shift in over the last few weeks. MT wasn’t very good and Bristol are seeing his weaknesses already, but I do think he would have got a winning result yesterday in that game, at no point did I feel LR was capable of that, and that is what really worries me, he looks like he has no idea what to do, and I am not convinced a summer window will change that.

Seriki looked like he had something when he got on. Hugill injured? may as well have put Miller bear up front than bring Eaves on! Appiah Scotty should look for a different vocation if he calls that recruitment! Already said unbelievable Odoffin not starting let alone not getting on at all got to one of the ringleaders involved in the rebellion against our management team.

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for teams that don't beat us. The town fans looked mortified at the end.
    They were better than us, obviously but not by much. Will we regret not taking all three points,? No, it was only a friendly for us.
    General backslapping and high-fives around us. Another point towards not being the worst Championship team ever.
    Hoping their shout was a nailed on penalty. Be great to finally get a break from these officials.
    Disappointed most of the players went straight down the tunnel. The very least they owed us was a wave. I guess the we saw who cared and who didn't.

If LR doesn’t walk at the end of the season and I don’t think Teflon Tony will sack him then he will be our manager next season. Can you imagine the disruption at the end of the season if we start looking for a new manager, players out of contract, players wanting to leave, new contracts to be sorted, how can that be sorted without a manager in place. End of season we need to be out of the blocks fast not waiting a month to appoint a new manager.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast