+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town Post Match Thoughts

Some fans assume we will do ok next season but it’s not a given. A lot of players will be leaving so the manager will have to rebuild the team . How many of our better players will want to stay after the season we have had .

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Some fans assume we will do ok next season but it’s not a given. A lot of players will be leaving so the manager will have to rebuild the team . How many of our better players will want to stay after the season we have had .
    The only target we should have for next season is avoiding relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_bukaroo View Post
    https://youtu.be/bjd8YJa4E7U?si=dEHzeAwUZksqPJR4

Oh for a team like this now.

Williamson, Buckley, Johnson, Russell, Grealish, Scott.

Some of my favorite ever players from When I first started watching
    Mcewan built a superb squad and BW was 1 of the hottest strikers in the country. Its rumoured boothy said we couldn't afford the 'championship' (funny that?), we inexplicably sold all our best players and then the rot set in. Billy mcewan was a superb manager

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    The only target we should have for next season is avoiding relegation
    Not very often i say this but i agree with you

The bottom club played the third bottom club yesterday. Yet the third bottom club appeared to have more quality and time on the ball,better movement and even with ten men for over half an hour carried a bigger threat imo.
    Odoffin was rested yesterday and Tiehi didn't play because he had taken a knock in the last game. Not sure about Hugills absence. They tried to play out from the back and we hoisted from goalkeeper at every opportunity to strikers in Nombe and wyke who cannot win the ball in the air consistently. Why we continue with this style of play is beyond me.
    L.R. wants three more transfer windows. I think T.S. will give him at least one and take a look in Mid November at the position in the league. Not sure L.R. is the man to take the club forward but has to be given at least until November imo. I worry about Scotts latest efforts in the transferand loan market but apparently we have been beaten on our main targets.
    I expect Viktor to go for around£2,5m and he is given around half of that to build next seasons squad. Some will go to improving the non league standard training ground (not fit again on Friday). L.R will try and keep Kioso and Humphreys but that will not be an easy task. The five forwards (Nombe,Green, Eaves, Hugill and Kayode) will stil be in contract. Not sure they will be potent enough to get us anywhere near the top of division one. I think L.R. needs around ten new signings bringing in pace, youth and a bit of quality in the creative area is badly needed. A near impossible task for a top manager and recruitment team never mind what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy View Post
    The bottom club played the third bottom club yesterday. Yet the third bottom club appeared to have more quality and time on the ball,better movement and even with ten men for over half an hour carried a bigger threat imo.
    Odoffin was rested yesterday and Tiehi didn't play because he had taken a knock in the last game. Not sure about Hugills absence. They tried to play out from the back and we hoisted from goalkeeper at every opportunity to strikers in Nombe and wyke who cannot win the ball in the air consistently. Why we continue with this style of play is beyond me.
    L.R. wants three more transfer windows. I think T.S. will give him at least one and take a look in Mid November at the position in the league. Not sure L.R. is the man to take the club forward but has to be given at least until November imo. I worry about Scotts latest efforts in the transferand loan market but apparently we have been beaten on our main targets.
    I expect Viktor to go for around£2,5m and he is given around half of that to build next seasons squad. Some will go to improving the non league standard training ground (not fit again on Friday). L.R will try and keep Kioso and Humphreys but that will not be an easy task. The five forwards (Nombe,Green, Eaves, Hugill and Kayode) will stil be in contract. Not sure they will be potent enough to get us anywhere near the top of division one. I think L.R. needs around ten new signings bringing in pace, youth and a bit of quality in the creative area is badly needed. A near impossible task for a top manager and recruitment team never mind what we have now.
    Welcome aboard. The main factor of your well thought out post is the serious lack of funding that may not be available next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MAMiller View Post
    Mcewan built a superb squad and BW was 1 of the hottest strikers in the country. Its rumoured boothy said we couldn't afford the 'championship' (funny that?), we inexplicably sold all our best players and then the rot set in. Billy mcewan was a superb manager
    McEwan was ahead of his time. That first half of the 89/90 was some of the best football ever witnessed at Millmoor. It all fell apart after that.McEwan wanted to sign Martin Kuhl because he thought that he would give us the final push we needed to promotion but the deal could not be financed and it is believed that he lost the dressing room because he made the team stay over in a hotel on Christmas Day night before the Boxing Day game at Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_bukaroo View Post
    https://youtu.be/bjd8YJa4E7U?si=dEHzeAwUZksqPJR4

Oh for a team like this now.

Williamson, Buckley, Johnson, Russell, Grealish, Scott.

Some of my favorite ever players from When I first started watching
    Look at the demographics, backgrounds and attitudes of those players and compare them to what we have now

The elephant in the room

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Look at the demographics, backgrounds and attitudes of those players and compare them to what we have now

The elephant in the room
    That team was before my time, Can you please explain what their demographics and backgrounds were and what is the difference between then and now?

The main difference between then and now is money and how the game is financed in my opinion.
    It was more of a level playing field (apart from the pitch!).

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast